Walleye (pics)

So we headed out to a small lake (School Section) this morning in hopes of getting into some gills. Well that didn't happen, only got one tiny gill all morning. At about 12:30 we moved the shanty and got settled in again. After a couple minutes the Vexilar lit up!! So here I am thinking we got into a school of gills and moved my Firetiger Diamond Jig, # 14 size, tipped with a wax worm up to where the marks where. Jig jig, pause, slowly life, preasure, set the hook, zzzzzzz!!!:eek: Hmm maybe not gills anymore. I fought the fish for awhile thinking it was a Northern or maybe a big bass. Get it to the hole once and Dad said it was a Northern. Okay, I still want to get it in!!! It ran again and I fought it for awhile more, probably 5 minutes, and then when it got close I pulled it in hand over hand. Its head came up into the whole and its a big walleye! I put a death grip around its mid section and throw it up into the shanty, holy crap!!!:lol: Even better I caught it on the pole I made! 24 inches, 5 lbs 12 ounces. In the last pic the pole is 27 inches long and lined up with his nose, the first guide is 3 inches from the tip.:D

christmas_and_walleye_063.jpg

christmas_and_walleye_064.jpg

christmas_and_walleye_070.jpg

Haha thanks guys!! And Nailer, who knows, I guess I'm just one lucky kid!:grin: The thing is that this is a very small lake. Supposedly 3-4 years ago the DNR backed the truck up and opened the door and they were walleye on accident! I guess once they started dumping them they couldn't stop and they released 5,000 fish!! Regardless of how they got there I am pumped!:cool:

AWSOME job justin, i almost went to school section this morning.

The gill fishing was veryyy slow. Quite a few people went around the corner but I don't think they did any good. Have you heard anything good about any other lakes around here?