leader

Flies and short leaders all Gamma Flouroleader material. Most of my long leaders have been 20lb Big Game which I have had very few issues with. I also use P Line Flouroclear line in 20lb and like that a little better than the Big Game but it is more expensive. I think that short leaders need to be leader material due to the shock loads they encounter longer leads can be mono as mono is more forgiving but I want Flouroleader at the point of attack.

40lb Seagar for fly's and 20lb seagar for leaders. For those who dont know Cabella's brand flourocarbon is Seagar. Ive used Gama its fine to. I use seagar because you can buy it in bulk spools alot cheaper then Gama and its as good or better.

i was thinkin of tying some harnesses up and i was thinking 12 # do you think that i need 20#

Back in the day 12# is all we used to use.

Of course that was with mitchell 300# spinning reels and VERY flexible rods on the riggers.

Worth a try, but plan on loosing some spoons and setups until you figure it out. I'm sure it will be fun wrestling in fish with some skill as opposed to muscle. I certainly wouldn't let any rookies use this setup.

i was thinkin of tying some harnesses up and i was thinking 12 # do you think that i need 20#

Matt, I have found that the walleye are not all that fussy. The 20# definitely holds up better. I took two Northern Pike 32 and 38 inches on 20# harnesses this past year. I held my breath the whole time they were on.

12# Big Game the first half of the season and 15# the rest of the season. 50# Big Game for all fly leaders. Everything happens so fast under the water that I'm not convinced that floro is a lot better than mono. Mono is more limp and "I think" that my spoons run better w/ it. Just my 2 cents.