I got a new shanty!!!

Well, i just pulled the trigger and put on an Evolution Outdoors Sabre ATV mounted shanty yesterday morning. Installations was pretty easy, requires some fab as you have to get the bracket heighth right for your quad. Basically, gotta do some measuring, drilling and bolting together. This unit was very appealing to me because it is very light weight(only 32#!!! ), quite spacious, has a large bench seat, windows and the real kicker...the set up and take down is lightning quick. Maybe a minute on my first attemp. Im sure ill quicken that speed with use. Fits my run and gun style of fishing perfectly. It also leaves your rear rack wide open so you still have all that useable space for other gear. Plus if i want it off i just pop a couple pins and its off my machine completely with the exception of one bracket on the rear rack. If i wanted that off too, only a couple u-bolts to undo.....and its made in Michigan. Im really excited about this shanty and look forward to using it this season....Now i need that ice to thicken up on the bay!!! Cant wait to get out after em with my new toy.

Good luck when ya get out...Adam

Its too early to tell on the durability, but i expect it should hold up well. All welded aluminum, seems like a real nice unit. I talked with a gent from Standish who has already been using one and he absolutely loves his. Ill put it through a hell of a test out on the bay this winter and will comment on the durability and likes dislikes as i go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Adam! Where is the website for this contraption?? I have trouble attaching any aftermarket toys to my Polaris. The racks are not tube style like all the other brands. Do you think it would mount onto a Polaris??

Good luck on 'da bay this winter. If you have room on a trip and don't mind I'd like to tag along. Learn a few things. Priority1 will vouch I can catch walleye and learn fast. Franks way or the Highway! Just kiddin' Frank.:D

Here ya go Paul. http://www.eopllc.net/

As far as mounting it to the Polaris, im sure you can. The only mounting braket that attaches to your atv is held on with two u bolts and is a piece of wide aluminum angle. And you have to mark and drill the holes for your atv because of the varying racks they put on them. The only problem i see for you would be the U-Bolts. Might ahve to go with square style and maybe wider depending on how far apart the holes are in those Polaris racks. The second bracket is attached down where your ball would screw on and is held on by a large tow pin. Top portion of the shanty attaches the atv bracket with two more brackets and its all held together with one large pin. So, its easy on and easy off. Only bracket is that u bolted angle on top. Not in the way at all.

When i get back over the barn ill take some pics of the brackets and the inside of the rig. Been meaning to as ive had allot of questions asked about it, just havent got the chance to. Was over there yesterday putting a new battery in my machine as the mice did me a favor and ate a hole in it for me.(and of course being in a hurry i forgot the digital) Then the cold came and toasted it. $63 for a new one!!!...Damn them things went up the last few years...Seems like they were $35-$40 just a couple years ago!!!

I know Matt, Bay Creepers and he said he's either hunted or fished with ya and had a hoot. We'll all have to hook up for a day on the ice. I think id be allot of fun.

Had a great day out there. First official trip in the books on the big water for me. Did allot of moving around to keep on fish. Seemed we'd drill holes, catch fish then itd die. Pick up and move and repeat. Never found a concentrated school, just these nomads. Ended up whacking a 4 man limit and tossed back 3 more. Fun day on the pond and the Evolution worked fantastic. Got some pics to get uploaded and get on here too.

th_BigCrackslotsoffish006.jpg

BigCrackslotsoffish015.jpg

BigCrackslotsoffish002.jpg

BigCrackslotsoffish004.jpg

BigCrackslotsoffish005.jpg

BigCrackslotsoffish007.jpg

BigCrackslotsoffish010.jpg

Thanks guys it was a ton of fun thats for sure. Dave's perch was nothing short of a brute. It measured 15 1/4" and im sure all of 2#. He's going to get it mounted.

Fished again today, crack was really bad again. Fishing was absolutely rediculous. Whatta bite. I love Saginaw Bay! Sorry, no pics of fish, was caught up int he moment having so much fun. Got some pics of the crack that i took this morning to put up, but thats it. And your not gonna smile when you see them.

Nice job Adam!!! Again:) What safety equipment do you take with you on the bay???

My list includes: survival suit ( yep, I get razzed from time to time, whatever) ice pics, spud, seat cushion, gps,cell phone.

I am not an expert on the bay and would like to know what you take with you.

Thanks.