Future looks Great for second AIM walleye Turnament.

If you have missed a few of my posts this fall, you don't know that both the walleye fishing numbers and the size of the walleyes showing up on both the Saginaw Bay and the river this year have been outrageous. Not since the late 80's have I personally seen such big average size walleyes in a days catch. My fishing board alone has had 4 Bay/River fish near or over 12 pounds posted on it since late November. And many guys are already talking about lots of 8 and 10 pounders being landed at this early date through the (just getting safe) ice on the river. And the real kicker is that you can catch a dozen 5 to 14 inchers first, and then snap a 12 pounder with the Next Bite in the same hole. This huge, healthy spread of sizes, year classes and record breaking numbers bodes very well for the future of not only big fish but also for the eater sizes most prefer. Add to all this the new and unusual tendencies (to us locals anyway) of the walleyes sticking around in the river well into late spring, and no tournament fishing days canceled because of weather and the rivers fishablility, and you have the makings of yet another very competitive (and possible show-down) when the AIM tourney hits town next May.:grin:

IMG_0352.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

IMGP0530.jpg

jh_big_gator.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express