Sag River 12/31

Last fishing report of the year fellas. Found our way out onto the ice of the saginaw river today between saginaw and the z bridge, new spot I have never been to before. Fished 15-20fow. Caught a lot of walleye, too bad 95% of them were not legal. Between 5 of us we caught 5 keepers. Blue/silver jiggin rap #5 was top producer, pink and purple buckshot spoon came in 2nd. I had a good battle with a real dandy that I lost right near the hole, got a look at him 2x and he went bye bye. Ice was not great, 3" for the most part, which is not what I like to be standing on. Anyways, it was a stellar fishing season and a long one this year. I predict that Saginaw Bay fishing will be nothing short of phenomenal again next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Same spot, same M O, same results. Lots of little guys and one dandy 5-6#er. Going to have to try a night bite and see if we kind find more keepers. I bet by days end between all of us we had caught 60-70 walleye, with only a few keepers between us all. Big one was caught on a jig w/minnow.

The little ones are our future. :)

It is surely looking good as far as I can tell. 2 years ago we caught a lot of little ones as well, so this is just a sign of good things to come. I wish a few of them were perch....yum...