My First!

fishinmachine2

Well my son and wife had killed a pig and I was the only one in our family that hadnt!! Well that came to an end Monday evening while bow hunting! I was hunting an oak ridge where there were a ton of tracks and pawings from deer and I noticed a couple of areas that had been REALLY tore up!! Like big logs moved and huge holes in the ground!! So my son and I had set up my pop-up in this area the weekend before when we were muzzy hunting. The wife and I get into the blind around 3 oclock Monday evening with not much happening. Around 5:20 i have a nubbin come thru and eat around, then all of a sudden he picks his head up and hauls ***!!!! I look at the wife and shes like what the heck made him do that?! Then all of a sudden we hear this god aweful squeel!! PIGS!! I look out my left window and here they come 5 of them about a 120 lb momma and 4 piglets around 40lb or so! Its starting to get darker so I had to turn my light on my sight on my bow. They finally work in at around 20 yrds or so and the momma finally gives me a shot...WHACK... SQUEEL!!!... Away she goes but the littler ones just stand there. So I grab another arrow and take aim and WHACK....SQUEEL ... spine shot!! Dropped it right there so my wife takes a quick look out the window of the pop-up where the other pig ran and here stands one about 300+ lber so I grab another arrow but by this time it turns and runs with the other ones. So we have one down and an arrow in the other one. We get the tracking crew out and start on the track to see if they can find it. Had good blood and took it about 1/2 mile and nothing so we left it over night and went back the next morning. Got on it and took it another 1/2 mile or so and nothing. So after 4 hrs and 1.5 miles about we gave up, plus the blood had stopped and it never layed down either so I must not have gotten any vitales. It was still exciting and great hunt and I got my first pig even though it wasnt the bigger one! After we got done hunting I checked my trail cam and I had them on there and that big one was HUGE!!! We are going to go back up in a couple of weeks and give it another try!!

1stPig.jpg

Oh and we didnt get any deer....LOL but i did see a dandy 9 point just not close enough to shoot! He'll be a dandy next yr.

Scott