Come oooonnnnn spring!

MY2SONS

Man, I have the Winter blahs big time. I keep looking at my rig sitting out in the yard all shrink wrapped, and can't help but think of warm Summer nights just as the sun touches the deep blue lake, and listening to screaming reels, and the excitement of landing Mr. Salmanoid. I'm hoping old man winter is getting tired out so there won't be any more big storms this year. Can't wait until the lines get wet again.:grin::no:

Ditto, wish I had a time machine to fast forward to spring/summer. In the mean time there's plenty to be done to get ready for next year...

Jay D, that is one dandy fish in your new avatar....nice!!!!

Im with most of you guy's ,ive adapted to winter with ice fishing and a little rabbit hunting from time to time.

Granted ice fishing is nothing like trolling but i like it enough to go 3 or 4 times a week from now till march , and like dan said , if ya have cabin fever already your going to have BIG issues come mid march.

Now's also a good time to do a little scountin for deer...motovation is sometimes the issue though, that's typically the real reason for cabin fever when you come right down to it....I find myself a victim on many occasions..

.10_7_8.gif

with cabin fever i never day dream of warm weather, sun burns and sand flies....

You guys are obviously not taking advantage of the awesome opportunity our state has to offer. Theres some damn good fishin out there and its a ton of fun...Maybe im just a fishin nut, but i love it all. A 1 1/2# crappie on 2# line is all you want. Makes big runs and tears you up...Did i tell you about the world class walleye fishin on Saginaw Bay?

Big numbers of fish, a good chance at a trophy, adventure, good comradere...what more can you ask for?

Its coming along, slowly but surely. That thaw and wind set us back on the west side. Blew the ice out. Usually mid January on the west side for ATV travel. So, we're about on par if we dont get bombed and the wind stays down and we get some cold.

You guys are obviously not taking advantage of the awesome opportunity our state has to offer. Theres some damn good fishin out there and its a ton of fun...Maybe im just a fishin nut, but i love it all. A 1 1/2# crappie on 2# line is all you want. Makes big runs and tears you up...Did i tell you about the world class walleye fishin on Saginaw Bay?

Come on Spring. Ya know I like a boat under my A$$. :lol:

Actually I have some limitations, that keep me sidelined during the Winter. I do enjoy reading the hard water reports. I fish with great intensity once the soft water season is here.:) Those huge Winter walleye pics, are what keeps me tuned until Spring.:)

There is probably one other thing not considered here. And the only one thing at this time that Adam won't be able to relate to quit yet. Age and physical ability. That decreased desire to get out and enjoy some things when it's windy and only 26 degrees outside. Clint Eastwood said it all. A man has to know his Limitations.:P:rolleyes:;):D

Your right there Dan....my Dad and Uncle often express those limitations to me though...They say im crazy...lol...Im that pup your training to stay, but breaks when you dont want it to...Thats how i am when theres good ice and fish under it! I just wanna go go go...I think i enjoy my icefishing as much as any fishing i do. I dont know what it is about pulling a fish through a hole in the ice, but it turns my crank!

Oh, was down to Linwood today, ice as far as you can see with the naked eye and a couple guys out about a 1/4 mile. Its time for me to do some recon on my own i think...Im hopin perch are whats for dinner!

Please allow me to whine, I’m really quiet good at it…

Just curious…how many of you ice fishing enthusiasts own an ATV or snowmobile? And does this bring in much more satisfaction to your fishing experience? What if you had to walk across the ice to your fishing areas? ½ mile? 1 mile? Who would be willing to fish these places if you did not have this transportation?

I love to ice fish, but I am limited to how far I can walk with all my gear until the ice is thick enough to drive on. This year we have a giant ice heave all around the bay on the shoreline that is closest to me, and it probably will limit driving vehicles on the ice, it is frustrating to be sitting on the ice and drilling a million holes in an area and not catch anything…don’t equate wishing for spring and having cabin fever with not necessarily liking the winter, but rather it might be frustration with the limitations set before us.

With that I have put 17 whitefish on the ice in the past two days, I’d like to try and find walleyes, but I can’t get to the structures I want to fish for them… Somebody get me a whaaa-mbulance :grin:

sooo…. come on spring!!

It depends where i fish. Most inland lakes and river excursions im a walker as well as some of my Saginaw Bay outtings. Have walked all of a mile or more many times...and have been walking about 3/4 of a mile lately...I either pull my one man shanty with my gear or pack light using a back pack to haul my vex, lures and other tackle, rod bag with rods, and in one hand a bucket and the other a spud/auger. Other places a machine is a must IMO. The bay is a "machine fishery" if you ask me if you want to be succsessful consistantly.

In the end, ice fishing is no different than summer fishing IMV...if you wanna play the game you gotta spend some $$$. Todays transportation and technology only increase the quality of the experience as well as the haul at days end.

Hell, we can make this easy on the both of us. I'll trade you (bag for bag) any fresh whitefish you have for as many equal bags of walleyes you want. :grin:

13_4_9.gifBut we both know it’s about more than just putting fish in the freezer

once we (the wife and i) get things settled in to our new home location, things will fall into place I’ll have that ice transportation, then I won't whine so much:grin: failure is not an option, but I'm sure I’ll figure out something else to complain about:lol:

for now i'll have to find those places close to shore and make do, i may even have to make a 1/2 mile trek once in a while, he!! the excerise would do me good,