Cabin fever

joelsanders

Winter blahs!! 10_7_8.gif

Cold and 30 mph wind kept me off the lake yesterday,28_3_1.gif

so I went to hardware store and bought the ingredients to make modify my planer boards with strike indicator tattle flags, 4_1_112.gif

I then changed the line on my ice rigs and realized I should fix a couple of broken bail springs29_1_13.gif

next thing I know I have crap all over the place4_6_2v.gif

I even contemplated on sorting through gear that I should part with, but couldn’t come to a conclusion to what I should get rid of, 4_12_3.gif

so I started another bucket of gear,4_12_4.gif

one for inland and one for the big pond…10_6_7.gif

the wind has stopped and the temp is on the rise to a balmy 5*F so i have to get off this computer and head out to see what i can scare up on the ice 7_3_112.gif

4_1_72.gif

Hell I'm watching the DVD's of Dan Keating ...Keating on Kings... over and over, thinking I'm gunna catch'em soon.... it's just the sigth of the water... all blue and it looks warm on the videos....OMG can spring come quicker.

ended up 7 whitefish in three hours of fishing time...by the time i got done with bait and finding a place to fil the propane tank then drive to the access....12:30pm line in the water...first fish at 12:31...then steady action for two hours, quite a few fish cruising through and tapping the bait lightly...

still ain't trolling..i'd be happier if i could figure out the walleyes through the ice, kinda tough without ice transportation....

better than sitting in the house....

come on spring!!

I have been going to you tube and typing in wisconsin ice fishing....They catch brown trout over there the size of king salmon through the ice. They catch nice steelies through the ice too but so do I so that is not so exciting to watch. Then I watch all of the salmon fishing on you tube. Looks like fishing is goood on the other side of the M pond

I have been going to you tube and typing in wisconsin ice fishing....They catch brown trout over there the size of king salmon through the ice. They catch nice steelies through the ice too but so do I so that is not so exciting to watch. Then I watch all of the salmon fishing on you tube. Looks like fishing is goood on the other side of the M pond

Kewaunee harbor is palce to go for steeliies and brownies on dis side... but I have to muster up the time and ambiton to go on a 45 minute drive to try...i'm in whitefish mood right now (sent a buddy home with 10 today)...den dares somtin bout eyes that i need to address.....too many choices close to home

ice tends to numb the urges for open water