Slaboliscous

Got a call on Tuesday from a good friend that he got into some real nice Crappie while perch fishing. So on Wednesday i met up with him to do some fishing. Wow, whatta blast. Lots of 9-13" Crappie and some 9"+ perch. Also caught several undersized walleye as well.

Heres the pics of my Limit, my 12 perch and the 9 Crappie that my buddy Moe caught while chasin them perch.

SLABCrappie001.jpg

SLABCrappie003.jpg

That afternoon i took some friend out from Oregon who are in town for Christmas. Theyd never been ice fishing before and had an absolute blast. I set em up with vexilars and all the equipment and did some coaching. Didnt take long and they were catching some nice fish. Melinda and Mike ended up with 21 slab Crappie, 6 perch and a couple gills. They also caught a few undersized walleye as well. They were stoked.

SLABCrappie006.jpg

SLABCrappie008.jpg

SLABCrappie017.jpg

Melinda's catch. She was pumpin em pretty good!

SLABCrappie021.jpg

Headed back out christmas eve morning for somemore fun. Spudded the hole out, set the vex in and the fish were down there waiting for me. It was a bit of an up and down bite all day, but i caught a ton of fish and some real nice quality fish as well. Didnt keep any Crappie unless it was 10" or better today. Ended up with my 25 Crappie and 8 9"-10 1/2" perch. Also had a fish ripping on my tip up, but it got off. Felt real nice too.:angry2: Merry Christmas guys, enjoy!

Slabsday3001.jpg

Slabsday3004.jpg

Slabsday3009.jpg

Slabsday3013.jpg

th_Slabsday3002.jpg

th_Slabsday3003.jpg

th_Slabsday3006.jpg

th_Slabsday3011.jpg

Thanks fellas, it sure is allot of fun. Nothing like big slabs on light tackle....Hit the honey hole again this morning with my brother and his B.I.L. Bite was slow today. We still mustered 24 nice crappie and a half dozen perch. I think the fluctuating water level and the storm coming in had them in a funk. Water was down a good 18" today and dropped more while we were there. Good ole south winds for ya. Pics and a small video clip to come once i get em loaded.

Only about 5" where im fishing. The bay ice has blown out. Not sure about the ice out on the river, but im sure its not overly thick with all that rain.

Had another great day on the ice. It was a roller coaster bite with many peaks and valleyes. I drilled a ton of holes today. Only sat down on a couple good holes all day long. Other than that i picked off a couple here and there. Ended up with my 25 crappie and like 6-8 perch. Got a nice batch of crappie. I havent put the ruler to them, but im quite sure the smallest is over 11" and the biggest is over 13". Just awesome.

Workinforalimit003.jpg

Workinforalimit002.jpg

Only about 5" where im fishing. The bay ice has blown out. Not sure about the ice out on the river, but im sure its not overly thick with all that rain.

Had another great day on the ice. It was a roller coaster bite with many peaks and valleyes. I drilled a ton of holes today. Only sat down on a couple good holes all day long. Other than that i picked off a couple here and there. Ended up with my 25 crappie and like 6-8 perch. Got a nice batch of crappie. I havent put the ruler to them, but im quite sure the smallest is over 11" and the biggest is over 13". Just awesome.

Workinforalimit003.jpg

Workinforalimit002.jpg

Nice mess of fish Adam!

Fished again today. Got a late start cause of the snow storm this morning. Made it out around 10 or so. Fish were pretty tight lipped today. Lotta lookers down there. The water came up a good 18" while i was there. Combine that with the storm and i think that explains their fickle demeanor. Still caught a bunch of fish, but allot of smaller ones today. Ended up with a dozen dandies though and three nice perch. Didnt take any pics cause i forgot the camera....The walk back was less than pleasant with the drifts and slush...UGH....Tomorrows gonna be an off day i think....LOL