Your best deer ever?

Phishy

with the deer contest going on, I got curious....what was your best deer ever?

Mine.... 2001... Oct 16, Bow kill.... public land....NW WI

Tenpoint2000Bowsideview-1.jpg

since then i've moved twice and haven't been able to pinpoint the deer movements in my new home areas..it takes time, but i'm keying into them...figuring out the land and where they hide..lots of winter scouting.....

I took my best buck on 7 November 2000 with a bow. I was in the process of remodeling our old house and only got to hunt a couple of times that year. I ended up filling two tags within 5 minutes! The big one grossed 136 6/8, and is the CBM at 129 7/8. He dressed out at 225lbs, and had a 20" outside spread.

9and6.jpg

Buck2000.jpg

This picture of him was taken with a camtrakker the night before I shot him. I shot him a 1/2 mile from where the camera was and did not know I had a picture of him until a week later when I pulled the camera.

Buck2000alive.jpg

Hey this is a cool thread, good idea Phishy! Here are my 2 best bucks, I still cant decide which ones better. The first one is a 11 point with a double drop with one drop tine broken off about an inch and a half from the main beam. I am an absolute nut for droptines!:D The second is a 14pt, with a very wide, dark, and palmated rack with a lot of mass. Still am contemplating which one is bigger haha, what do you guys think?

13_pt.jpg

jeff_and_justindeer.jpg

He sure was Adam. Out of those three he was by far the oldest and heaviest. At the time the taxidermist couldn't find a form big enough for his cape. Me and a friend couldn't drag him ten feet without stopping for a breather. His face and neck were all scarred up and he has a notch out of one ear. He came into a mock scrape I made the day before and pissed in the night before I shot him.

Here is mine shot him five years ago in Central Indiana. He is an eleven point with a 24" inside spread, was aged at 5 1/2 year old, his weight was 200 and scored 147 2/8. I shot him on the last day of the season just before dark. I never knew how big he was until my buddy and me walked up on him. We were surprised to say the least. He is right over my harness tying table.

100_1826.jpg