Last trip to Muskegon

Nailer

Neighbor John and I made the finale trip of the year to Muskegon Lake. The lake was flat calm, making the fish a bit spooky. We did manage 4 of them, including these two. This most likely will be the last trip for the year, as the water temp was down to 32.4 deg. and shore ice around all the shallows.

Me with a 10

img_9344.jpg

John with a 9

img_9339.jpg

WOWZA. Very impressive. Here I thought you were only a Salmon fisherman. Guess I have not been paying attention.

The true love is Walleye. Salmon is just a good reason to go fishing in the summer;)

If we could only get Walleye to fight like Salmon:eek:.

The true love is Walleye. Salmon is just a good reason to go fishing in the summer;)

If we could only get Walleye to fight like Salmon:eek:.

If we could only get salmon to taste like walleye.:D

Like you, I'm grateful we have both in this great State.:)

Excellent finish Ken.

Looking back at the pictures starting in October (as those are the only records I keep) counting the river and Bay trips with the Brother, we did manage a few walleyes as well. Starting October 5th on the river using Lead Core and #5 Raps, runing to December 6th on the Bay with Zuris and Bombers. Fished 14 days both day and night, landed 131 walleyes with many of those released. My biggest about an 8 pounder and Mark landing a 10, both released. So yes, it was a very good fall season.:grin:

Edited by Walleye Express

Our water conditons picture looks a little different. We have ice out over a mile already and up to 7 inches thick. Hell, Walleyeguy already limited out on the ice yesterday in 7 FOW. I was waiting for him to post the pictures on here but he did not, so here they are. If I can get all my ice fishing ducks in a row, me and Reel Fishin are going to hit it this weekend.:D

12_16_09_2.jpg

DSC02296.jpg