Scouting report

Well, this afternoon i got bored so the dog and i went for a ride up to Nayanquing Point(NP) State Game area and watched the deer for a bit, then went down to Linwood to check out the ice. The little cove between Linwood and NP was all froze up and beyond that there was floating sheet ice and then some pretty good ice jams out on the sandbar off NP. Hoping this cold will hold up and that that ice in the cove stays and continues to get thicker. Wouldnt mind getting out there after some perch. Waters up and we might actually be able to fishin in there for a change. There was also quite a bit of ice down to the south as well. Seemed to go out farther the closer you got to the river mouth.

Keep your fingers crossed for some cold and if so ill be out checking conditions soon with my waders and a spud!;):no:

Just got home. Went down to Detroit to watch the Wings last night with the fam and visited Greek Town as well. Had a good time with the family. Im gonna take a ride here in a bit and check things out. If conditions are good i may try to fish tomorrow....On the way home, just north of Birch Run, there was a pond on the side of the e-way and there was a couple guys riding dirt bikes on it. Must be allot of inland stuff thats fishable then i would think...As everyone said, be careful.

Jason, i saw a few deer up there, not too many..It was pretty darned nasty though.

Got word from a couple of sources that they are walking out 3/4 mile on 4 inches of ice in the area between Quanicassee and King road and catching limits of walleyes. That happened early last year as well.

Sweet!

My lake is still wide open. That should change tonight, with single digit wind and temps.

I hear of some limits on our side up around the Standish area Dan. But i also heard just as many reports for perch. Good fishing, just real small fish. Im going gill fishing this weekend and then im gonna do a foot trip next week. Shaping up real good off NP right now.