Walleye Mounts

33 1/4" long 21" girth....

IMG_0331.jpg

LOL....I never weighed it on a certified scale. I still can't find anywhere around here that has one. On walleye centrals weight calculator it comes up 15.18 lbs.....

Adam, you have one heck of a memory !:cool:

Shooomama! Thats one slab-o-saurus!

LOL....I never weighed it on a certified scale. I still can't find anywhere around here that has one.

Steve;

Every grain dealer and butcher shop, meat counter or abattoir will have certified scales as per state or federal regulation for resale of product.

HIH

Seems to me they couldn't be bothered. That's too bad.

The MDNR lists grocery store and meat market as locations to weigh your fish.

State records are recognized by weight only. To qualify for a state record, your fish must exceed the current listed state record weight and identification must be verified by a DNR fisheries biologist (see office locations page 47). All fish, whether state record or qualifying catch and keep entry, must be weighed on a commercial scale (grocery store, meat market, etc) and record the business name where scale is located. If possible, attach weight slip.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10364_52261_10948-70758--,00.html

They ( meat markets) can lose their license for putting any meat or fish on the scale that has not been inspected. Michigan has some of the toughest meat handling laws in the nation.

You would think the DNR would know this.......

We always used to weigh fish at the meat market down the road here. Never had an issue at all. Unfortunately with the bad economy and being a small market near the big box stores theyve closed their doors. Miss that place and its only been gone a few months now.