Whites & Walleyes Part two. 11-29-09

Wulp, the hooking was decent tonight. But the landing part suffered badly. I went 2 for 7 on the whites. I mean I had some nice fish right at the top of the water tonight and they would simply come un-buttoned before Reel Fishing could get a stab at them with the net. I also caught a nice walleye on a (you guessed it) Firetiger Yo-Zuri. I casted a #9 Rapala for a while and a few other choices. Put the Zuri on and the 3rd cast "bang".:grin:

Reel Fishin on the other hand suffered the fate I usually do when we go together. He fished his guts out, but only went 1 for 2 on whites and no walleyes. :P But as usual we had fun trying and ate some killer smoked whitefish I did up from the last trip. :P:D

IMG_0374.sized.jpg

IMG_0375.sized.jpg

GJ Dan. Eating Smoked whitefish is the best part of the trip.:) Those whites and their soft mouth are tricky to finesse to the net. Tom T. aka TallTails is about as good @ pier netting as anyone I have seen. I'm not the best with a long handled net in the vertical position. I like the fish up close and personal as I net them. They see my ugly face, and jump in the net to hide.:)