The freezer is full of venison now!

jimbobber

saw 8 does and 1 buck ( to far to shoot)on the opener , Shot a nice doe at 3:00 p.m. Then sun eve. 11-22 I was hunting near a corn field and had a very nice 4 point chase some does out to the field edge , one of the does had me pegged so i had to shoot the buck at 110 yrds with my 12 gauge smoothe bore with scope:eek: and dropped him in his tracks!!;)He was 2 1/2 yrs old and weighed 138 lbs dressed out.The only pic I have is in the back of my truck so I did not post it,I didnt have a camera with me in the woods sorry.:rolleyes:Time to kill geese and steelhead now!!! Jimmy

Nice work Jim. I did something similar a year ago. Dropped a 6 at 135 yards with by A5-12 gauge, smooth bore with normal slug (not sabot). I called it LUCK. But the meat still tasted great. People still give me **** about it, but I like to think some skill was involved.

I've not tried the rifled slugs yet. I had NO idea my shot was that far or I would not have taken it. If you practice that far that is AWESOME. I spined my deer, so I know my shot was lucky. He was walking away. I figured aim high and if you hit him high it's a head shot, if you hit him low it's a spine.

Great job Jim. I'm still out in the darn cold this weekend looking for my last deer. Enjoy your warm house.

I guess that by now you are back to fishing, how are you doing???? The steelhead are starting to cooperate in the UP finally. I got two nice chromers Saturday right behind the deer blind in the UP. Have not even seen a deer yet up here good thing that I hunt in the lower, I got a nice size doe, missed an opportunity on an eight and let a small spike go for seed.