smoked lake trout

steeliebob

I am sure that all of you guys have your favorite brine and smoking wood as do I. Lakers are usually pretty greasy and do not smoke well. Last summer I cut a couple of lakers into steaks threw them into the brine overnight put them on my smoker. When they were about 1/2 done I brushed on orange marmalade jam. You got to try this every legal laker goes into the smoker now.

LAKERS DONT SMOKE WELL?????? That is all we do with lakers. It's the only reason to keep those greasy chickens. One thing you might want to try is to not brine them so long (like normal salmon). Since they are greasy they are salty as well and we only brine them for a few hours as opposed to longer with Kings.

LAKERS DONT SMOKE WELL?????? That is all we do with lakers. It's the only reason to keep those greasy chickens. One thing you might want to try is to not brine them so long (like normal salmon). Since they are greasy they are salty as well and we only brine them for a few hours as opposed to longer with Kings.

I agree! I keep every laker I can get my hands on to stick in the smoker. By far my favorite smoked fish:)