UV flashers

What do you guys think about the UV flashers? Have you noticed any situations where they produced better than your standard or glow flashers? I know they are supposed to light up better than the standard flashers when running them deep. Do you think they work better than glow flashers during daylight hours when run deep or on overcast days? With as well as the glow products catch fish I can't imagine the UV products out fishing them on a regular basis. To me the UV products seem like a product to catch fishermen than anything else, but I could be wrong.

I've been fortunate enough to be Pro Staff for Hot Spot for about 20 years. Allow me to explain about UV light. It's the only light that can penetrate water down to 500 feet. The UV blades absorb the light & give off a bluish glow. I've been using these flashers since a year prior to them coming out on the market. Hot Spot's Green Haze UV #1695 has been one of my top 3 producers every season since I started using them & I can't remember going out without having it down. The other two of my top 3 are clear stealth UV & Bullfrog.

I use them off my riggers & divers. My normal set up is an 11" Bullfrog & cut bait on my deepest rod, & as I move up the next I start with an 11" White Lightning Hot Spot & cut bait then an 8" green Haze & green Krinkle Howie fly & a clean Apex on my highest rod. If I don't get any hits on the white Lightning I'll change over to the 11" Stealth. One of the best producers for me on a diver has been the 8" purple Haze trailing a 5.5 Stinnson Apex. As for depth it doesn't really matter as I said UV can penetrate water down to 500' & is still there even on a cloudy day. I've run them as far down as a 100' & still caught fish on them.

Thanks Bk thats some good information to know, I haven't seen the UV flashers, but it makes a whole lot of sense, because at depths of 100 feet or more, there's not a whole lot of light to capture.

Does anyone know where I can get these, I'd like to add a couple to my arsenal....

Thanks Bk thats some good information to know, I haven't seen the UV flashers, but it makes a whole lot of sense, because at depths of 100 feet or more, there's not a whole lot of light to capture.

Does anyone know where I can get these, I'd like to add a couple to my arsenal....

Matt at Siggs Riggs has them. Great guy and a site sponsor. Very good fly's also.

http://www.siggsrigs.com/standard-pro-troll-flashers.html