11/15 baseline lk. allegan co.

well did this ever feel odd, not to be deer hunting on the gun opener.

anyhow i left the launch around 9:30 and went looking for gills , but could not find a thing so i switched over to crappies and took 19 nice ones in the 9 to about 13 inch range.

they where in a winter pattern in 20 to 25 fow in the middle of the lake. what worked was slow trolling minnows deep, becouse the fish where from 15' to 20down ,the surface temp was 43 to 44 degrees.

man this was fun , becouse if the where on the screen they would BITE , kinda like watching the vexlar in the winter.:cool:

sorry no pic. ,but i can say they were TASTY:D

well did this ever feel odd, not to be deer hunting on the gun opener.

anyhow i left the launch around 9:30 and went looking for gills , but could not find a thing so i switched over to crappies and took 19 nice ones in the 9 to about 13 inch range.

they where in a winter pattern in 20 to 25 fow in the middle of the lake. what worked was slow trolling minnows deep, becouse the fish where from 15' to 20down ,the surface temp was 43 to 44 degrees.

man this was fun , becouse if the where on the screen they would BITE , kinda like watching the vexlar in the winter.:cool:

sorry no pic. ,but i can say they were TASTY:D

What did you think of the new parking lot? Good job on the fish. I tried the lake just once a few years ago and happened to pick a Saturday with a tournament. Pretty busy.

What did you think of the new parking lot? Good job on the fish. I tried the lake just once a few years ago and happened to pick a Saturday with a tournament. Pretty busy.

the new launch site is realy nice , the only thing i wish they would have done is put a two spot launch in.

also your right, that lake gets very busy in the summer. i fish there once or twice a week in summer.