4 man limit manistee 11,8

days like today are why i love november.started the day off with fish in the box right away so we decided to only keep the bleeders and release the rest of the fish so we could fish for a while,good decision as we had well over 50 fish on today landing 42.19 kings,19 steelhead,2 lakers,1 coho and a brown for a lk michigan grand slam:grin:we fished from the mid 14s to the 17s,100 to 250 fow with 140 to 170 fow being the best.all 10 rods took fish today.pink panties 65 to 75 dwn was the best rigger,agent orange 45 dwn,bumble bee 32 dwn and modified juicy fruit.the hot core was a mini silver streak silver screw ball on 1 color,bumble bee on 2 color, steele stomper on 3 colors,fire ball on 3 colors,smokin hot glow mixed veggies on 5 colors and orange tranny on 5 colors.speed was 3.1 to 3.4 sog.there were huge piles of bait every where today,some reaching 70 to 80 feet up from the bottom.to boot it was a beautiful day on the water waves less than 1 foot for the most part and ended up fishing in my jeans and t shirt,in november :eek:talked to j wheeler on the water today and they did pretty good today to fishing a little north of us.pic in the gallery of the 20 we kept

005_229432.jpg

Edited by GLF
Added picture to post.

Couldn't have asked for better weather, or better fishing. Talked with Jay and passed by them a few times today. There was some good action out there for sure today. We ended up 17/28 5 kings, and 12 steelhead!!!! ye ha!! The 1st 5 minutes were slow, and then the hits started coming, with consistent action for the next few hours. Awesome day!!!!!!

image011.jpg

image010.jpg

Some phenomenal fishing out there!

Wow with fish like that you could turn some deer hunters into salmon fishermen. Good Job guys.

Tom

Seriously considering the change myself...you been out and asked a farmer if you can hunt his land lately?

Let’s’s see if I can sum it up:

While driving to someplace unimportant to this story, I noticed a good looking piece of land. I thought to myself “ … this looks like a great place to hunt deer. “I paused at the roadside admiring the farm and decided I needed to stick my neck out and ask the landowner if I can hunt the farm. I drove around the parcel and found what appeared to be the main farm. I was in luck, the farmer was cleaning out the manure chutes. I drove into the driveway, parked the truck and approached the farmer who was eyeing me the entire way. I introduced myself shaking his callous hand, made some small talk. I explained that I am new to the area and was looking for a place to hunt. I proceeded to offer my services to cut fire wood, fence repair, barn cleaning or whatever odd job that might gain me access to the property. The farmer looked at me and said “Son, I wish I could offer you a place to hunt, but today every one is a good neighbor until it comes to deer. You can perten-near do anything you want on my land or my neighbors land for that fact but you shoot one of his deer and I have to live with it. My kids never come round much but they hunt and I promised I’d let them hunt on this farm as long as I owned it. I trust you’re a good man and willing to do the things you say, but blood and neighbors….well…. they were here first and I just can’t let you hunt this land for fear they’ll be mad at me for itâ€

Good thing about the pond, it’s all public domain.

One 100 lb deer will yield about 30 lbs of meat, how many salmon does it take to reach the same weight? I may have to reconsider my priorities….

phishy the answer to that question is less than 20,i think we had over 30#s of fillets when the cutting was done the other day.just wish the fish cleanig stations were still open,my garbage man probably hates me:eek:

Ya, it is almost like work out there. Secondly, boat traffic was murder last time out and 3rd the phishing really wasn't that good. LOL I just wish there was enough stable weather where you could get out more. Brother in law is still pretty fired up about the fishing last time out. Looking at trying again MON TUES WEDS of Thanksgiving week if the weather is doable. We filled 7 big ziplocs with meat with 17 fish, the bags were all full. We took the fish guts out behind the cabin and dump them by the big oak, yotes, bear, fox and other vermin have definitely been eating good up there.

if the weather is good you know where i will be:grin:i am planning a masacure for opening day of riffle season,going to be fish blood everwhere.if he does not want to haul his boat up let me know we can take mine out.

if the weather is good you know where i will be:grin:i am planning a masacure for opening day of riffle season,going to be fish blood everwhere.if he does not want to haul his boat up let me know we can take mine out.

man i wish the old dog was still in running order, im jelouse!

I would tend to agree with you, this time of year there is a major advantage in having an outboard. I'm hoping for a real cold early winter, and an early spring I just can't get enough of being on the water chasin fish.....