Ready to go !!!!!!!

I have the ice fishing gear ready to go not so for deer hunting gear yet. Does anyone out there ice fish for steelhead? I am probably a rare breed but in the UP pretty much everything freezes up when the cold sets in so it is difficult to catch them in open water. The perch and gills are difficult to find and you have to be out on the right day to get walleyes....not so with the chrome. As soon as the ice sets in with about a 4 inch base I am out there. When you have a 12 pound steelie on the ice fishing pole you forget about the cold. When I get home I cut my catch into boneless strips roll them in Drakes and fire up the fry daddy. Tastey Tastey Tastey. Until the ice is there I will be deer hunting and river fishing.

Yes I fish them through the ice. I am a steelhead nut. How is the steelhead run up there? What river do you fish? I go up there for a week every year the day after christmas for rabbit hunting and always thought about bring some ice fishing stuff.

a staple on Lake Superior......they need to be 27 inches on the big pond, they fight like a spastic , i had one that once i turned the head into the hole, it literally jumped straight out onto the ice...

now i live near a brood stream....this might be an interseting season, if i don't get too caught up on wallies again...

Rob, I am hoping things will be frozen by x mas. The Michigan side never freezes until late January but the Huron side freezes early. Call me before you come up (906) 643-8630 and I will let you know where the ice is. Good luck finding rabbits as there are far too many predators up here. Bring a coyote rifle and we will sit on the ice and thin the population a little. I know the steelies will be a hot winter item this year as there was too much rain in October and the population did not get thinned any.