What is your biggest fish you ever caught on Lake Michigan

caznik

My biggest out of Lk Mi was around 24lb. Caught it two years ago out of Manistee on lead core....fun..fun.;)

Biggest out of LK Huron was just shy of 27lb's. Got that one about 4 years ago in the Rogers City tourny on a silver streak spoon off a rigger. I think it was "black magic" spoon but cant remember for sure. That fish put us into 16th place out of 300+ boats.:)

I did not catch it, but I netted it for my father off my boat, 32 lb, 3 oz King on a Proking bumble bee 9 years ago. Biggest fish to date to grace the transom of my boat. He fought it for a half hour and I was getting ready to net it and it dove to the bottom ripping out 125 foot of line in a matter of seconds. Almost 45 mins to net that one fish. We weighed it at Brians Marine when at that time they had a set of scales at "Ralph's Place.

Mark

Largest Last Year Was 31lb 5 Oz King It Was On My Boat And It Was On A Blue And Green Fish Catcher And Green Horse Flie On A Rigger Set 94 Down On The July 14 It Was Cought By My Brother Law My Largest Was A 33 Lb 11 Oz King On A Goldy Locks Dream Weaver Set 40 Down On June26 2001 Both Of These Fish Came In The Same General Aerea Out Of Saugatuck

I don't know if you can call this catch on Lake MI, but I was fishing the lower end of the Big Manistee on September 30, 2004 and landed a 26.6lb king up river from Insta Launch using a black/gold hot-n-tot. Chrome as could be!

Tom

I like Tim’s format;

24 lb King, St. Joe, MI

26 lb Laker St. Joe, MI

14 lb Brown St. Joe, MI

16 lb Steelhead, St. Joe, MI (30 min. after the Brown in the same spot.)

12 Lb Coho, St. Joe, MI (I think I was more in South Haven 22 miles off shore?)

11 lb-10oz Walleye, St. Joe River, MI (Still looking for that 14lb'er that's in there)

Steve

• 1 month later...

The Biggest fish I have ever caught out of Lake Michigan was a 31# King out of Manistee, Labor Day weekend of 2003. It came on a chartreuse meat rig off the starboard dipsy. One hell of a time gettin in the boat too. I had just started running meat rigs that year and forgot to shorten the leader on the dipsy to adjust for the long length of the teaser rig. By the time I had the dipsy to the rod tip I still had almost 13' of line out! I wound up having to hand line the rest in while my buddy got him in the net

My largest King was out of the Musk. River in '74. 36#.

Out of the lake:

Biggest king? But we had a limit allover 20# in Frankfort in '85. A few near 30#. All 15 caught in about an hour from setting the first line. We never got more than 4 lines set!

Biggest Brown? 13# while night trolling for wally in Musk Channel '87.

Largest walleye? 11.25 # same location in '88.

Largest coho and lakers were actually landed by guests(but I set the lines and coached 'em!, doesn't that count for sumpin?).