It only get's better. 10-14-09

I will not blame anybody if they think this report is bogus. Fact is, I'd think it was fabricated myself if I had not been part of it this morning. I will also say this, "Get ready Saginaw" because they are headed your way in BIG numbers and they are much bigger fish then last years.

Me and my bud Reel Fishin started out trolling lead core as usual right at daylight this morning. But instead of trolling along breaks I/we decided to try trolling on some flats off the channel. Trolled for a 1/2 mile and I hooked and then lost a nice fish behind the boat. Not marking many fish on these flats like we did yesterday, we headed for our old steep ledge spot from yesterday. Mark just got his core out and bang, a 5 pounder. Two more passes and we had 3 nice walleyes in the cooler. But the north wind went from 7mph to around 20 in short order and the wind coming up river made boat control a nightmare, so we decided to call it a short day. Both Marks wife and mine are on the mend from recent surgeries, so any reduced fishing time goes in the bank.

But as often hapens, on the way back to the ramp at no-wake speed, we came across this point in 23 FOW and the graph went crazy with baitfish and huge hooks on it. Knowing we only had another 45 minutes to an hour to fish reguardless, I decided to anchor on this spot and quarter cast to it with knuckleball jigs and gulp minnows. My first cast towards shore and bang, about a 7 pounder. Next cast bang, a 5 pounder. Long story short I made 6 casts and had 4 beautiful fish. But it didn't stop there. Mark repositioned himself in the boat and he started hammering them as well. I cannot say for sure but I think 13 was the last count before we had to go. Mark added 2 smaller ones to the 3 we had for a limit. And all the fish I caught were released. I won't be keeping anymore until I eat or we can some of the ones I've taken home recently. You can just make out the big one swimming away in one of the pictures. :eek::D

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

GJ again Dan. WTG The only BOGUS part of this report is the date. You are sooooooo good you are now fishing one day into the future.:D LOL Keep hammering them.:)

Yup......that's just like me. :no: Wake up 3 days in a row before 7:00am and my whole world gets turned up-side-down. Come to look at it, my other "bonanza" post was a day a head of time as well. The only way to fix it and bring the Time space continuum back into order is to go fishing again yesterday in the same spot that I fished tomorrow. :confused::confused::confused::grin:

Edited by Walleye Express

Yup......that's just like me. :no: Wake up 3 days in a row before 7:00am and my whole world gets turned up-side-down. Come to look at it, my other "bonanza" post was a day a head of time as well. The only way to fix it and bring the Time space continuum back into order is to go fishing again yesterday in the same spot that I fished tomorrow. :confused::confused::confused::grin:

I bet some tournament anglers would love to fish a day ahead of time to see if the spot was worth it!:lol: