worst feeling in the world

Ice_man_08

i shot i nice buck tonight... made a horrible shot that after i took it i knew i should not have, had lungs, frothly blood followed blood for good 100+ yards then ran out of blood, and it started to rain... i have never had a deeer go overnight and its killin me!. i will be back out tomorow at 11am to look for him.... god i hope i find him

I know exactly how you feel. I shot a buck years ago and had my arrow deflect off a small sapling just a few feet in front of the deer and in turn it him too far back. The tree was so short and with the lighting i just never picked it out. I knew it was a bad hit and waited a good 5 hours before i ever tracked it. And even after all that time i tracked it quite a ways before calling it quites once again. Had a pretty easy trail to follow as well. Unfortunately we had one of those freak rain/slush/snow stroms over night and the trail got washed away. We looked for three days after that and i never was able to recover that deer. What a terrible feeling and it bothers me to this day. But, thats part of hunting and if you hang around long enough it will happen to you.

Anyhow, best of luck with the recovery. Its probably not going to be easy, but you just never know. I pullin for ya buddy!;):)

Meat is meat.

Great job staying on the trail buddy.

Did the dogs come in handy? I've often wondered about that myself.

welll my buddy found him before me and the dog stumbled on him, i thought the dog might help because it had rained and the deer would smell wet but hey anything is worth a shot when trying to find a dead deer! THANKS MARK!