Big Jon Multi Sets. More rod holders for Priority1

I have 2 Big Jon Ball Cradles with a pair of Multi Set Rod holders on them ordered. I'm going to be removing my out and down riggers while trolling for walleye. Even with the out and downs pointed back, they are in the way some times. I seldom run riggers for walleye, but I'll still have the two inside ones if I need to use them. I will mount the rod holders on the two swivel bases. This new set up will open up the corners. Of course I'll keep the out and downs for salmon fishing. You all know Priority1 is not short of rod holders.:lol: I'm a firm believer that you can't have too many of them. This was a suggestion of a good friend Tom T. aka TallTails.

It's time for upgrades. What are your off season purchases going to be?

I would like to get a chart plotter sonar combo. Any suggestions on them?? Don't go too nuts, ya know I'm a Po Boy.

Well Frank...Big Jon makes a quick release removable base. You could mount the ball cradles to the boat and put the quick release base on top of them. Then all you have to do is pull the pin, and slide the rigger off. ;)

Just picked up a Penn 330 GTi and Shimano Tekota 700(Got it NIB for $79 on ebay woohoo!!!) that im gonna load some copper on. Will probably add a couple more on top of that. Also some DW Paddles. Also need to replace a few cores as some wild Kings put the snaffoo on a couple of them that last trip over. One 10 color has two splices in it. It works, but i dont like to roll like that. Ill replace one five with part of it and spool up with new core....Im sure there'll be more, there always is....Time will tell...LOL

Believe it or not.....i think i may finally be where i want to be as far as rigging goes...Big Jon graciously will be providing me with 2 Brute ES riggers and i have 3 more tekotas to complete an entire shimano tekota spread:grin: This is a great spot to be in with one of those new "little people" around now....those little buggers are as expensive as fishing and this is only the beginning:eek: I am sure i will find room for more tackle some how!! However, i do know this sport is like a sickness and will most likely be a never ending cash draining love of my life

We won a pair of the Big Jon Brutes in the 333 overall, just ordered a set of the 4 rod holder Traxtech bird trees and a pair of net holders thanks to 333 Traxtech prizes. We'll be stylin'! Also we are looking to sell the Depth Raider and pick up a Fish Hawk, tired of replacing the coated cable and issues associated with that. Aside from that the captain is starting to look for the ultimate upgrade, a new boat.:eek:

The trees I installed are the bee's knees. I'm looking to put in a washdown pump. New captains chair, an some sort of new bench seat for my passengers instead of the back to back. Gonna tell my ole' lady to get a 2nd job, cause I'm already looking for a bigger boat, it will come to me in time.

the only thing im going to upgrade is the DOG ITSELF , ive fished her for 8 years and its time to upgrade.

Terry, The old dog did you well. Any thoughts yet about size or models?? Make sure you find a good home for that old dog.:)

well i think im lookin at a tekota 500 for a lite line reel and maybe the x4 probe to go with the x4 head unit that all ready one the boat. i think that i will be stockin up on the new DW paddles like adam is doing. and i think i need some of the new SS for the the spring time. man them spring fish just eat them up.

Terry, The old dog did you well. Any thoughts yet about size or models?? Make sure you find a good home for that old dog.:)

your right frank , that old islander has done me right from the day i got it , i would like glass and about 24 ft., or a 26 islander hard top , like the red eye.

your right frank , that old islander has done me right from the day i got it , i would like glass and about 24 ft., or a 26 islander hard top , like the red eye.

Last I knew Red Eye had a 22 HT. If you do look at some of the 26 Islanders be careful on the engine. Starcraft powered a lot of these with huge 4 cyl Mercruiser engines, with closed cooling systems. Some of these were prone to trouble. It's a great time to upgrade. Lots of toys for sale. GL in your search.:)

Ok, so far I did the following:

Pulled the pump head.

Put in port-a-pottie. No marina in Port Sheldon so it was a better choice.

Pulled spare 25 gallon gas tank. Was just taking up room and weight. Now I have room for more stuff.

Fixed compass light.

Fixed bilge wiring (got luck this year).

Added a LED back light. Very nice illumination on my boat name now.

Replaced windows from cabin (the small ones on the sides).

Fixed blown line on the trim tabs.

Um, that's it for now.

Would like to add two more of these, but may have to wait until xmas: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?id=0023002&navCount=1&parentId=cat600035&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20182-cat600035_TGP&parentType=index&indexId=cat600035&rid=

All in all I am pretty happy with those changes, BUT there is always spring.

OH, I and I put in a flush mount rod holder for the net where the extra gas tank line was.

Yea, that's it I think.

Congrats Ken! Must have been all of that time riding in the Nailer Limo spoiled you:)

I've been a waiting patiently all week. Brought her home tonight. It's a 1979 Tiara 2000 That looks like it was made last week.

I'll get some pics soon.