JRC Electronics

MY2SONS

Have any of you guys used JRC electronics such as the JRC Plot 500 Fishfinder? If so, what are your thoughts. I haven't heard much about JRC in the past and wanted to see if they are a decent brand of electronics to buy vs. lowrance, Furuno, Garman, etc.

IMO their VHF radios suck!!! Had two and they didnt last a year each without problems...Couldnt tell you other than that...But, with the popularity of the others and lack there of for the JRC, i would think theres a good reason. Could be way off though, just speculation on my part.

i have a jrc color radar/gps/chartplotter and love it, especially for the price. i would assume the unit you are asking about would have similar gps/plotter features. the quality and resolution of my jrc unit isn't quite as good as my raymarine units, but at times i prefer to follow my jrc over the raymarine units. i can not speak for the fishfinder portion of the jrc but i feel my jrc unit was a great purchase. there are higher quality units from other manufactures but you will pay for them.

another great deal, if you can find anymore, is the raymarine a65 and a60 gps/fishfinders. the were discontinued because they are no longer WASS compliant. in the spring those units were selling for as low as $300 brand new.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read some good reports about JRC stuff in the past, but have never used any. I currently use a Raymarine A65 and love the unit's fishfinder but find the plotter not as good as the old Garmin 2006 plotter I have. One thing that is nice about the Ray stuff is that they read each other very well and are easy to interface several different units together.