Went out tues. am and limited out in four hours. Everyone I talked to have scored on walleyes north east of Astabula in 71-74fow down 40-50ft.. That was the good. The bad was when I was ready to take in my planner boards, my out drive came up and wouldn't go down. There was a fisherman near by and he towed me all the way back to Geneva where I keep my boat. After two and a half hours of towing, we made it back to my dock. He would neither take money for the gas nor give me his name. Since he didn't have a name on his boat, this is the only way I can thank him. Thank fisherman. You just prove that most fishermen are good people..... Good fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

That was awful nice of that person to do that. Then to take nothing for it to boot! Hope you get back on the water soon.

I went out of Ashtabula 06 SEPT 09 to the 08/47 line and got our 2 man ticket. Thew action was great in the morning and it died of in the afternoon.

Last week went out four times and limited out twice. Tues. and Wed. were fantastic. Sat., the fish moved north east almost five miles. We only fished for three hours and caught half limit with two fish Ohio and one trout. Long trip out of Geneva, almost twenty miles each way. What we fisherman will do for a few walleyes.

• 2 months later...

Thumb's up on the good samaritan and your willingness and offers to thank him in all the ways you should have. I cut into a charter I was running last year and towed a guy about 3 miles right into the launch in the marina. I never even got a thank you. Not even a wave or gesture of thanks. I'm amazed at the variety of personalities one runs into on the water. You would think that a sport like fishing would bring together people with a common bond of sorts. But often not the case.:no:

Nice job on the walleye. Thats the way to smack em!!!

Sorry to hear about your boat troubles, hope its not too difficult of a repair. On the flipside, its nice to hear a great story about a person putting their own interests aside to help their fellow man. I do allot of boating and ice fishing and you see people broke down and lots of times others just pass by without entertaining any thought of stopping to help out. Also great jesture offering to pay for their gas and thanking the people who helped you. Being someone who's assisted otheres in need getting a thank you means allot. Sometimes you get it, others you dont. Once again, job well done all the way around.