manistee

Yup, with the way things are shaping up you maybe able to harbor patroll and get into some nice kings. Also to the south of the harbor there is a little bowl, if you will, that holds fish. It's not very deep where the bowl is, but it drops of just enought 10-15' to hold fish. You can also make a run up to Onekama and fish the barrel. Or go straight out to the shelf. There are way too many areas up there to fish. We've gone all the way down to the point, fished straight out front, the barrel. Don't hesitate if there is cold water in tight to go shallow in the morning. GOod luck and keep us posted.

Hey Don.

They are right It will be harbor patrol. Dont pay any attention to it. I have fished up there since I was a little boy and there will be alot of fish in the harbor but here will be alot more straight out on the edge of the shelf. look for 150' of water and start zig zagging in and out. you will find the fish. Another option is to go south to the point. they are still gettting alot of fish down there . The structure down at the point is up and down. you can be heading west and getting shallower and then all of a suddend it will drop 10'.

Look were the charter boats go most will stay away from the pack. Run alot of Mag spoons and #5Js. Good luck. wish I was going but football is upon us once again and I have practice everyday.

from the water temps dont be scarred to run the beach north in 20 to 30 fow with plugs,aces high green ladderback glow and green scale glow have been good the last few weeks.from the looks of the weather you will need the coastguard boat to get out.we are headed that way mon morning.

It was a good idea to postpone had to cancel all weekend trips this makes for 7 weekends in a roll that we fished in bad conditions or postponed trips :mad:the week ahead looks good but will change like it always does. Here's a picture of a 27 #er we caught:grin: on friday evening.

101_0014.jpg

It was a good idea to postpone had to cancel all weekend trips this makes for 7 weekends in a roll that we fished in bad conditions or postponed trips :mad:the week ahead looks good but will change like it always does. Here's a picture of a 27 #er we caught:grin: on friday evening.

101_0014.jpg

VN King Capt. Dick. How did you do on the bay this year? I wish we could have gotten together while you were in the area.:)

Fishsniffer,

look for the fish to be shallow after this blow this should be a great week for fishing if your coming to manistee this weekend give me shout on channel 7 adventure 1, hopefully the weather holds like there saying. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread just trying to show you what you have to look forward too.

Good Luck this weekend.

Fishsniffer,

look for the fish to be shallow after this blow this should be a great week for fishing if your coming to manistee this weekend give me shout on channel 7 adventure 1, hopefully the weather holds like there saying. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread just trying to show you what you have to look forward too.

Good Luck this weekend.

i was just kidding...thanks for the info

• 4 weeks later...