Motor stuck

Hey all, if this is posted in the wrong place feel free to move it.

I have a 2000 Yamaha 100 hp four stroke with power tilt on my boat. Last night after fishing I put it all the way up to pull it out of the water. When I went to lower it it remained stuck in the up position. I can hear the pump running, but it won't come down. Any ideas on how to fix? Don't know what I'm gonna do, can't go fishing. Starting to get the shakes. Thanks all for any help.

Chris

Good Morning....I have a Yamaha 115, (2006), that did the same thing. The pump ran that powers the tilt/trim until the battery was dead. Ended up taking it back to the dealer and some electrical thing was bad. (I'm sure there is a better word for that one.) I had to unhook the battery. Sport Fisherman Center in Muskegon can probably fix it pretty fast. They had practice on mine.

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI.

Thanks Paul, but I think I mis-spoke. The pump runs but only when I press the tilt/trim switch, not continuously. Sorry about that. After reading some topics on-line regarding this problem it may be just that it is low on fluid, and has locked up due to insufficient pressure. Anyone have any advice on that? Thanks.

Chris

Problem solved. Released the motor with the manual screw, and once down it ran raised and lowered fine. But if I do put it all the way to the top it gets stuck again. Figure there must be a little play in the cylinder that wedges it in place at the top stop. No problem as it stays on a transom saver while out of the water.

Thanks for the help.

Chris