Muskegon Sat pm, Sun, am

We got a late start Saturday, as my newbie Cousin was at a family event, and couldn't leave.

Started setting lines around 8:30 in 120 fow. It didn't take long for things to start happening. With just him and I in the boat and heavy traffic. We ended with only 3 for 6. the best depth was 120-130, but we kept getting pushed out to deeper water. High diver back 250 with a Wonderbread flasher and siggs Blue Dolphin took 2. Full core with a moonshine took 1, Rigger set at 85' with a green/chrome paddle and siggs green&pearl crinkle took 1 that refused to come in to the back of the boat for a clean net job, instead opting to dive down and use the wire of my low diver to free himself. The low diver took a big rip with a Moonshine spoon on it but managed to get off. The other low dive also took a huge rip, and ended up straightening out the swivel.

All the fish Saturday night came in a 30-45 minute span following the sun hitting the lake.

Sunday am we got a late start again as the ear plugs I was wearing kept me from hearing the cell alarm (cousin in a truck camper snoring keep even the best sleeper awake). Got out to the lake and where greeted withe a nasty sw chop. it took the tin can forever to get to 110 fow. Ended the morning after a short north troll with a laker (went back) on the wire diver, a Steelhead on the full core/ wonderbread J-plug, and a nice Coho off the rigger. the lake was really getting bad so we went back in.

Love those rips on the wire....even if they do get off. Nice work! All i can say is at least you had ear plugs. I was in the van camper with a buddy that has sleep apnea AND restless leg syndrome for the weekend and i am not sure it could have been worse:angry2: i ended up having to drink myself to sleep sat nite:grin:

Nice job Ken. I called you several times on the radio Saturday night, but got no answer. :(

I got so sick of the B.S. drunks on the radio singing and acting like idiots, that I shut it off. I tried to call you and Don. a few time also, just to get interrupted by someone with too much to drink.

Way to go. Muskegon has always had alot BS on the radio, it is sad that some people never grow up.

Seems like every time I go out in the evening, there is always a young boy on the radio for hours. :(

I got so sick of the B.S. drunks on the radio singing and acting like idiots, that I shut it off. I tried to call you and Don. a few time also, just to get interrupted by someone with too much to drink.

i also shut the radio off 90 percent of the time....seems most in muskegon dont enjoy the hunt for fish or the pride of catching fish away from the boats...they wait till they stack up and head for the first boat they see...then god forbid smoke on the water gets played...cus they will key the mike and you have to listen to 2 minutes of it wether you like it or notand if youve fished muskegon....that is merely a scratch on the surface