running behind me

Phishy

I hate people running directly behind me, there is a reason i run long lines,

GET tHE !@#$ out of my clean water.......

So did the red fleg thing ever catch for running lead? I ain't ever seen a red flag, just a bunch of idiots running over my clean water

quit following me.....i ain't that good a fisherman....and i have a temper...that's what the red flag should read....

There was a Blue and white boat out in Ludinton last week giving my admiral a hard time, kept turning into us, cutting us off and she had to take evasive manuevers to not run into him.... Now I am not a very patient man..if it keeps happening I may pull lines and show him a 32 foot Sea Ray and a 6 foot wave as I circle him waiting for the waves to capsize him........... there is NO reason to come so close...My God is it really that important to get fish in the boat, to where you have to taunt someone.... she did great behind the wheel, I'm more experienced of a boater, but I do have a temper...but I can control it... yeah know.

I hear ya, couple weeks ago in st joe ,guy in a whaler musta thought we knew what the f were were doin cause no matter what heading we took he came back to us and this was out in 100+ fow and only a handful of boats in sight.:confused: Finaly sacrificed to them a 5color and church board + lure.

Never got a call on returnin the board...Mistakes happen,(well not me:))but if i did pull a dummy,i will answer a raidio call and try to make amends.

Oh well still better than staying home:D

GTR

Theres definitely plenty of issues out there and ive seen most of them. Just yesterday I had a charter come out and set up on our port side. No biggy right. Wrong!!! He proceeds to set down and angle his boat right at us. I thought for sure he'd turn, but he kept coming and coming and coming. I called on the radio, gave and gave and gave and eventually turned about 90* to keep him out of my core lines. Now mind you, im the only boat in this area and i had allot of room to move to the west, but thats not the p0point. The fact of the matter is, i was already trolling when he arrived and began setting lines. To me, he should have parallelled me, not muscle me out like that. He could have just as easily eased to the east and parallelled me. It was total B.S. And this from a very well known CHARTER out of Ludington. I wont name names, but if he does it again he might have a 21' boat pulling on his copper and divers! Theres NO reason for that crap. Just because he charters and is out every day doesnt give him the right to go whereever he wants out there with no consideration for others. They have to be curteous too. I deviated from my course allot, even though i was right, i think he should have done the same.

yup,the lake aint big enuf sometimes.

I think in my case the guys were locking their wheel or AP and then not

watching where they were goin.Could see no one at the wheel. Why they kept coming back is a mystery to me...proly just tryin to match our troll and doing it poorly.Heck I can get over the driving mistakes ,I just want my gear back.

GTR

Theres definitely plenty of issues out there and ive seen most of them. Just yesterday I had a charter come out and set up on our port side. No biggy right. Wrong!!! He proceeds to set down and angle his boat right at us. I thought for sure he'd turn, but he kept coming and coming and coming. I called on the radio, gave and gave and gave and eventually turned about 90* to keep him out of my core lines. Now mind you, im the only boat in this area and i had allot of room to move to the west, but thats not the p0point. The fact of the matter is, i was already trolling when he arrived and began setting lines. To me, he should have parallelled me, not muscle me out like that. He could have just as easily eased to the east and parallelled me. It was total B.S. And this from a very well known CHARTER out of Ludington. I wont name names, but if he does it again he might have a 21' boat pulling on his copper and divers! Theres NO reason for that crap. Just because he charters and is out every day doesnt give him the right to go whereever he wants out there with no consideration for others. They have to be curteous too. I deviated from my course allot, even though i was right, i think he should have done the same.

There are a couple of charter boats out of Muskegon that are this way. One almost put me into the nets. I know who they are, and may just end up with some extra tackle one of these days on the lake. ;)

I have a simple solution when some one messes up my fishing I make sure they are done for the day. I just pull lines and put my bow about 30 to 40 yds off their stern they usually get the point pretty quick and if they really annoy me they might as well go home cause they are done fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

"I may pull lines and show him a 32 foot Sea Ray and a 6 foot wave as I circle him waiting for the waves to capsize him....."

A couple years ago I was trolling in about 50' off Holland in 47 degree (lake had rolled) 3' waves. I was in my 215 Four Winns, which is a tank of a boat. Some jack-a$$ in a huge Tiara blew right past us on plane, stopped, ran over my stuff, and then did a hole shot 50' off my stern. All his buddies are laughing and pointing and thinking this is funny.

A 215 Four Winns is a tank of a boat. I ended up over on my side and then took about 100 gallons over the stern. Gear every where, rods falling out of holders, my 3 year old daughter rolling around the cabin and my niece knocked over and hit the bow rail splits her forehead almost going out of the boat. Got TZ turned around and the pumps kicked in and cleared her out.

I pulled lines as we were done, got the coasties involved and they wrote him 6 tickets. I got his name and a couple days later me and my 3 year old showed up at his house and had a talk. Actually it went like this "you know @#$@# well who I am so you're going to shut up and listen".

So yeah, please swamp someone sometime. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Boltman.

The idiot your likely talking about out of Ludington is called Slip Knot. It is an older blue and white 27 sportcraft and just about everyone on the lake has had trouble with him. Two weeks ago we were well outside the pack and had three fish on and one 740' back on the wire. He had followed me for some time and wouldn't get off our a$$. We were able to pull in the two coopertive fish and pull in the coppers he was coming up on, but unfortunatly he ended up running over our fish and we fought him for a while.

It was good practice for me because I backed down to him just like you would any 27' 8000 pound fish. I tried to get as close as I could to get what line I could get back, but in the end we had to replace all the line, walker diver, spindoctor, snubber and fly thanks to this no good A hole. I could go on and on about this true retard on all the different stories I have heard about him since, but at the end of the day, if you see him on the water just go the other way.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that you are legally responsible for your boats wake and any damage or harm it causes to any person or property. Also know your boat and it's parameters well enough to know what speeds it throws the biggest wakes. I don't know how many times we've had a big boat coming at full speed towards us throwing a 1 foot wake, but then gets near us and slows down some, to then generate a 3 foot wake. The really sad part about this is most people associate going fast with bigger wakes. I've gotten the finger many times in my Jet Boat on the river knowing that by being on plane my boat only throws a ripple. Slow down and it throws a real roller.

. The really sad part about this is most people associate going fast with bigger wakes. I've gotten the finger many times in my Jet Boat on the river knowing that by being on plane my boat only throws a ripple. Slow down and it throws a real roller.

I agree, I'd rather stay on plane also. However, give enough room and there should be no issue

• 1 month later...

i dont know why people cant figure it out.we had two of them set up within 400 yards of us yesterday and the one followed us for atleast 1 1/2 hours.come on its november and there are 6 boats on the water wtf.he finnaly gave it up after watching us pull fish the whole time while they washed lures.tryed him on just about every channel,dont think they even had a raido .didnt see a antena.i wish the dumb people would stay on shore.CAN TOO hope you get to read this.get a clue buddy:(:angry2: