boat staining

You probably need to get a good coat of sealer wax on it. The gel coat is porous and absorbs the stained water. That causes the stain. My boat was slipped before I bought it and cleaned with acid every year. I haven't had a chance to wax it yet and it stains if I don't clean it. I use a fiberglass cleaner that has acid in it. Can't remember the name.

Go to Walmart and get a bottle of hull cleaner(I think its made by Sea Brite) in the marine section. :thumb: Soak a sponge with it, and wipe it on. In less than a minute it will be gone. ;) Make sure you wear gloves when you are applying it, and wash it off after you are finished.

I use to have a white bass boat and had to use this all the time on it.

I had the same problem on my fiberglass boat, and when I went to West Marine they guy there showed me some various brands of hull cleaner. I commented on how expensive they were, and he said "You know, I've spent the last 20 years as a chemist, and if you want to save some money go to Wal-Mart pick up a bottle of The Works toilet bowl cleaner. It's the same thing, and a heck of a lot cheaper". You have to get the one that has hydrogen chloride (hydrochloric acid) in it, NOT bleach. That and a $2.00 sponge mop from the Dollar store, and it wipes right off. Be sure to use gloves that cover your hands, and arms because it is caustic. Eye protection is a must too. A drop of that stuff in your eyes, and your blind.:eek: