rainbow trout 8-8-09

well the tourney got cancelled due to mother nature pms'in. so headed to one of the inland lakes around kalamazoo area and tight lined some rainbows. took a few of the youth bowlers i coach along for thier first time and well we ended up with 13 fish total most of them were 12 inches got one that was 20 inches.

i know this is a big lake report but its trout. and they are good on the grill or smoked

Nice job Dan! What are you using for bait?

just crawlers with a #6 hook with 4lb test and ultra light poles.

i know what i am doing with this type of fishing lol :lol:

Way to go I love to tight line rainbows in lakes I grew up close to Half Moon lake in Muskegon and have caught thousands of them. only a few over 17in but when the bite is on it is a blast. There are a lot of well stocked lakes to choose from and most of the plants are legal size when planted and pretty tasty now I miss my little boat.

Good job Deisel. Way to get the kids involved...Im sure its something theyll always remember.

yeah its gotta be about the kids because they are the future of the sports we all love and if someone doesnt teach them the rights and wrongs what is gonna happen to the fisheries and the wildlife populations?

thanks for the reply i am finding more and more of the good guys

You can get them trolling small spoons, spinners, or sticks from 15-25' down. Stinger Scorpions are really good.

We've tried Half Moon and one just out of K-zoo but neither was planted this year. Only took first year fish out of Half Moon but on the one by K-zoo we've caught some very fine hold overs. And a 9" bluegill, on a downrigger, 30' down over 70' of water on a blueberry muffin small NK.

That sounds like alot of fun, I'll have to try it sometime

there are a couple of lakes somewhat close to you that i have fished for trout but if i told you what lakes they were i would have to kill ya lol but hey send me a pm sometime and i will tell you the best lake i have found for them

I agree, the kids are our future if our outdoor sports are to continue. Although i dont have any children of my own, its always a pleasure to take a young one out and introduce them to the outdoors.

When my Uncle remarried we added two more youngersts to our family. They came from a non hunting/fishing family. Now theyve both hunted, have taken deer, ducks, geese and absolutely love to fish. I couldnt be happier. Looking forward to the youth duck season next month. I missed out on their very first gun toting waterfowl hunt last year because i was working outta state. I hope i have the opportunity to be involved with them when the youth season rolls around this year because we had an absolute blast hunting later in the season when i returned home. Cant wait!