What ever happened to Bloody Nose

I remember a few years back, if you didn't have a Bloody Nose of some sort down, you weren't fishing.

My favorite lure back then was a small White Flasher (yea a metal one) with a red and white fly on the deep rigger.

Now I can't even remember the last time I've used Red and White of any thing.

Is it just me? Are a few of you sticking the Bloody Nose down with any results?

Or, is it that we have so many choices, we don't have time to stick down the old reliable?

Just something to think about on a rainy day while my wife takes a nap.:)

myself i have a few bloody noses in both spoon and flies and when i get the chance to go i have been using them with luck. i'm still learning what baits to use when and such but i also dance to the beat of my own drum so it works good for me to use off the wall stuff

That is one spoon that will NOT catch fish on my boat. I duno.

It's weird.. I've run it when I hear others are smackin them on it and on the same application and same water, and at times when I cant get anything else to go anyways and it has never produced a fish.

ive run into the latest and greatest conundrum....just about anything you throw out these days if you run enough is gonna catch a fish...nbk was the dont go without lure a while back...continues to catch fish....as does bloody nose....but i dont run them as much as i should......i like shiny new things sometimes....well...most the time:grin:

It is a old spoon that still works just as well as it did when it was a new spoon however telling everyone that you can still catch fish with last years lure does little to sell new lures. Also most guys as they enter a bait shop look at the board to see what the " Hot Lure" is and you can bet it won't ever be a old lure. I actually think most lure manufactures are more concerned with catching fishermen than fish. I know I have a lot of lures that have caught more fishermen than fish. I still have a couple of LOCO spoons I bought in the early 70's that have probably caught more fish then some of the guys reading this. I hardly ever run them anymore mostly cause I would cry if I lost one of them as one of them caught a near state record Laker in 1975 just over 50 lbs on a non certified scale record was about 54 or something at the time. I wish I could find the pics of that fish but they are long gone I am sure. Another lure you seldom hear about people fishing which used to be my go to lure for combat fishing is the Flatfish or Lazy Ike you have to troll them a little slow but I have a couple of them that have also caught a lot of fish and my bet is still will if I run them. But Again no one wants you to catch fish with stuff you already have they want you to buy the latest and greatest new and improved super lure and gear on sale in aisle 3 just past the Banjo Minnow display. So odds are the reason you haven't caught a fish on one of them old lures is you are not getting it wet.

Just like 1 maniac said. I truly belive lures are meant to catch fisherman and not fish. the popular lures i have had have caught fish. Double orange crush, monkey puke, and so on. But being from a 16 fishing foot boat, obvibously my options are limited, and i have never had a problem catching fish when the fish are around. Just yesterday I looked in my box and saw a bloody nose spoon and realzed i had not even fished it since last year. I put it down and still didn't catch anything. But as 1maniac said, ibelieve lures are meant to catch fisherman, not fish. I don't even know how much colors matter. I just believe in order for lure manufacturers to sell lures they have to have a hotlure, and I don't believe in it too much.

I have a flasher and fly set up i run off the dipsey that i never take apart. Its a very consistant producer for us and was again last trip over. Its an 8" Glow blade SD w/Mnt. Dew tape on one side and my mag bloody nose fly. I use a mag fly head in glow, and paint it red, then i tie on Glow Flashabou I take 10" material and double it in half, so i end up with a 5" fly. I then add 3 12mm ultra glow blue beads to the set up. When i charge it up i have a glowing red fly head, then the natural glow of the flashabou and a nice blue hugh from within the fly. Kings love it. We also took some fish on a mag stinger bloody nose off the high diver....so, its still alive and kickin on our boat.;)

the moonshine bloody nose is one of my favorite spoons to use spring summer and fall its goes i put it on a rigger

MS BloodyNose has prob my best performing lure on my boat in 2 years. I usually put it out on 6 or 8 color core.