I took my dad out on my 14 footer Thursday evening. We went 2 for 5 with an 8lb laker and 14lb king both on dipsey (set at 1, 210ft back) with yellow-Mountain dew? spin doctor and fly. We lost one big laker at the boat when there were some netminder issues. :o The missed fish all hit on a dipsey with a blue spin doctor and blue bubble fly set at 1, 220ft back. Had a rod out with 8 colors and blue dolphin spoon, its only action being getting tangled with the king.

Fished from 6:15 to 8:30 heading soutwest and all of the action for us was between 72-78 fow.

This was the best trip for me this year on my little puddle jumper and the first time my dad and I caught a fish together out on the big lake.

picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=116

picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=117

Great job Ryan. A good memory catching some fish with dad in a 14 footer! Fished out of a boat like that for many years. All my boys got initiated into salmon fishing in that small boat. Caught just as many fish then as now in a bigger, better equipped boat. Keep taking dad out, I know he truly appreciates spending time with you.

Duane