AuGres 08-04-09 Four man limit Gitter Done.

augres_08-04-09_4_man_limit_a.jpg

Big Bill M, Paperboy, Big Jack W, and I fished AuGres this morning. We fished 27-28 FOW pulling in line planer boards, with bottom bouncers and harnesses. Glow, Purple, and chartreuse, were our best colors. 1.5 MPH. Keep it simple and gitter done.:) Big Bill M is Big Jack's B.I.L. from Kansas. I think he will have some fond memories of our beloved Saginaw Bay. We farmed one keeper and 1 undersized fish.:)

Sweet Frank. I thought things were slowing down a bit, but from the looks of your catch maybe they're turning around. Nice job

J

Jason, It is slowing down. It is not like it was a few weeks ago. The fish can be found, but you have to put the time in. We just kept picking away at them. When they turned on we banged our last 8 fish in a half hour. A lot of fish were taken out of AuGres this year. I never saw the launch site as busy as it was, even on weekdays. The local businesses had to profit from this. They could have done a lot better if some of the places would have opened up @ 5 AM. The campgrounds all seemed to do well.