stinky fish,leakey cooler

How do you get smelly,rotting,nasty fish goo out of auto carpet?

went out of manistee this weenend, trolled four hours in the afternoon with out a bite until the sun set ,then we got six in about half an hour, with four on at one time.well it was well after dark when we got in to clean our fish. and when we put the cooler in the back of the suburban it leaked fish spoo on the carpet. well we all went to bed that night without a clue, and the next day we never drove the truck. It wasnt till wewere packing up sunday morning to go home that we discovered it leaked.what a nasty three hour drive with our wives:angry2: Now we cant get the smell out of the carpet, any ideas? Oh she just had it detailed a week before!!

Too late for this now, but I always place any container that could leak into a tray that sits in the back of the suv all the time. Another solution is a cheap plastic tarp.

But since the damage is done, there are no easy solutions to the problem. And it's a huge problem because the stink will be in all of the interior. All carpet, plastic and leather.

The only solution I can think of is to have the whole interior detailed again. The detail-er may have a product that will do the job. In all honesty, I think you will be living with this for some time.

I've used that "Oxi-Clean" stuff before on my rubber floor mats to get fish stank out. I use about a three parts water to one part Oxi-Clean powder. I let it soak for a few minutes before scrubbing. The rest was wiped up with a towel and then I used a wet vac to finish it off. Hope it works for you, I know that smell all too well.:D

Try 409 carpet cleaner, you can but it at any store and follow up with little green machine carpet cleaner around $80.00. Also try goo-begone. I used the green machine and goo- begone to get asphalt sealer out of blue cloth seats. I won't go there how it happend. But it works

Steam clean the carpet. You have to get all of what is causing the smell out of the carpet. If you dont the smell will keep comming back reguardless of how much febreeze, etc you spray in it. After you clean it then use carpet dissinfectant cleaner on it and let it air out.

I learned long ago that cheap drug store listerine cleans out the cooler really well. Pour some on the carpet, let it soak, then rinse with lots of water. There is plenty of alcohol in it, so it may not be safe for the carpet. You could always check that out with your drinking friends. . .