Went out saturday morning with Silver One and Baron. Ended 15 for 18. Got to Ludington about 5am and lots of lightning. Opted for breakfast instead. Launched about 7am. Stopped in 45fow just north of pierheads and set lines. Pulled 6 fish in the next 1.5 hours out to 55fow. Turned north and headed towards the point. Nothing but boats up there. Turned back south and ran into em in 95-110'. Limited out there. Ended up with 1 LT, 1 8# coho, 2 steelies, 11 kings. Biggest king went 19.25#(Joe). Had 2 doubles and a triple that all landed successfully. We had a greenhorn on the boat that did a great job driving, fighting, and netting. Turned out the midday was best when the boats left and sun came out. Boxed out by 230pm. Baron got a beautiful steelie on a rigger 75 down:rolleyes: No flasher fly bite. Only one rip on divers.

This was my first time fishing Lud. Had a great time on the Silver One, she fishes like a dream. We ate like kings the whole weekend too.:P Thanks for the great trip Joe!;)

This is some stuff that worked best:

300' 30# Copper

SWR just off bottom

Full core

Yellow tail std. spoon

blue dolphin std. spoon

bloddy nose std. spoon

Joe might have to add more.

SilverOne.jpg

Lud1925King.jpg

Lud7-25-09.jpg

Went out saturday morning with Silver One and Baron. Ended 15 for 18. Got to Ludington about 5am and lots of lightning. Opted for breakfast instead. Launched about 7am. Stopped in 45fow just north of pierheads and set lines. Pulled 6 fish in the next 1.5 hours out to 55fow. Turned north and headed towards the point. Nothing but boats up there. Turned back south and ran into em in 95-110'. Limited out there. Ended up with 1 LT, 1 8# coho, 2 steelies, 11 kings. Biggest king went 19.25#(Joe). Had 2 doubles and a triple that all landed successfully. We had a greenhorn on the boat that did a great job driving, fighting, and netting. Turned out the midday was best when the boats left and sun came out. Boxed out by 230pm. Baron got a beautiful steelie on a rigger 75 down:rolleyes: No flasher fly bite. Only one rip on divers.

This was my first time fishing Lud. Had a great time on the Silver One, she fishes like a dream. We ate like kings the whole weekend too.:P Thanks for the great trip Joe!;)

This is some stuff that worked best:

300' 30# Copper

SWR just off bottom

Full core

Yellow tail std. spoon

blue dolphin std. spoon

bloddy nose std. spoon

Joe might have to add more.

SilverOne.jpg

Lud1925King.jpg

Lud7-25-09.jpg

Jarrod

Thanks for posting this for us. Your welcome on my boat anytime. Your a good fisherman and a great guy. I cant wait to do it again.

This was my first trip out since May 19th. I have not been doing alot of fishing this year and to go and visit a port that I have not fished in years and take a limit is a blessing from god.

I have been keeping a little secret as to why I have not been fishing and some of you may know. I was diagnosed with Thyroid and Lymphnode cancer back in late December of last year. It has been a long haul with a 10 hr surgery in Jan and treatments for the last 6 months. This was my first weekend away from the wife and kids and family since being diagnosed. And it was like it was my first day fishing again. I Still have a cheesy grin on my face and to go away with the guys drink good beer Eat Venison and Beans and just be myself was exactly what I needed. Thank you Barron and Jarrod most of all thank you God.

Great Job Joe, Jarod, etc. That is an excellent box of fish. I am happy to see you are battling through this tough time in your life. Were glad to see your here to fish another day. Never give up!

I have been keeping a little secret as to why I have not been fishing and some of you may know. I was diagnosed with Thyroid and Lymphnode cancer back in late December of last year. It has been a long haul with a 10 hr surgery in Jan and treatments for the last 6 months. This was my first weekend away from the wife and kids and family since being diagnosed. And it was like it was my first day fishing again. I Still have a cheesy grin on my face and to go away with the guys drink good beer Eat Venison and Beans and just be myself was exactly what I needed. Thank you Barron and Jarrod most of all thank you God.

Way to put the smack down on them on your first trip back out since May. :thumb: