Nice catch Don We started in the wrong place I stayed too shallow and by the time we moved out the action had slowed so we had to pick away at what was left. Was not happy with the color selection in the lure pack except for one fish all of ours came on the flies not one rigger hit all morning.

There were some very good box's weighed today I beleive the winning box was 69.3 lb

plus points for a 119.3 total score. We weighed 53.1 pounds plus points for a 103.1 which I beleive put us in around 16th place if my count down on the board was correct. Big fish was 21.something lots of big fish around this morn. I rolled the dice on a plan this morn it lost so we burned too much time there were boats with 5 or more fish by the time we got out to the fish. We still managed to get a decent box to weigh but not what I planned on. But hey that is fishing I knew where most of the guys were going and I made a choice to try something differant knowing I could catch up if I had to. We put every hit in the box and did not lose any gear so all in all a good day. I was amazed at how long the fish stayed out of temp and active I went west for a bit traceing the bottom with my probe and did not find any cold water till around 85ft but the fish were still active in 50 to 60 ft 2 hours later most of our fish were in 53 to 58 deg water I can't remember many times they stayed in that warm of water hours after sunup.

. . . there were many good boxes weighed in today. Ours was 61+ lbs, which put us only 8 or so pounds from the top, but it was stacked around the 111 point mark. We pre-fish last night and found the same temps, with the cold water hunging the bottom. Fish the same exact water this morning with similar result: 2/6 last night & 5/~9 this morning. We circled around 2 waypoints in 65 FOW about 2 miles north. 4 of our fish and most of the lost fish were on spinnie/fly setups & wire divers.

Alex

. . . there were many good boxes weighed in today. Ours was 61+ lbs, which put us only 8 or so pounds from the top, but it was stacked around the 111 point mark. We pre-fish last night and found the same temps, with the cold water hunging the bottom. Fish the same exact water this morning with similar result: 2/6 last night & 5/~9 this morning. We circled around 2 waypoints in 65 FOW about 2 miles north. 4 of our fish and most of the lost fish were on spinnie/fly setups & wire divers.

Alex

nice job guys

We started in close and stayed there too long. Finally moved out to 60' and never touched the wheel until we were well north of Whitehall.

All the spoons but DOC took a hit, and only one on the core. It was all riggers and divers in the bottom 10' of water. We didn't get bit until 6:05 and had 5 in the cooler at 6:30 with 6 and 7 headed in. Lost the blue fly soon thereafter which hurt a little. Only one bump after 9am.

We had nice fish, but not really nice fish, so we weighed 59#. Ended up 9/13 with 7 kings from 8-13#, a 6# coho, and sweet almost 12# brown that hit the full core while I was reeling it in to move some lures around.

We started in close and stayed there too long. Finally moved out to 60' and never touched the wheel until we were well north of Whitehall.

All the spoons but DOC took a hit, and only one on the core. It was all riggers and divers in the bottom 10' of water. We didn't get bit until 6:05 and had 5 in the cooler at 6:30 with 6 and 7 headed in. Lost the blue fly soon thereafter which hurt a little. Only one bump after 9am.

We had nice fish, but not really nice fish, so we weighed 59#. Ended up 9/13 with 7 kings from 8-13#, a 6# coho, and sweet almost 12# brown that hit the full core while I was reeling it in to move some lures around.

very nice kevin....especially on the brown:eek:

7 trips in the sandbars this spring and 2 browns to show for it - 4# and 14". 20 some browns in close last year and the biggest was 6#.

My last two double digit browns have come on cores out in the middle of the lake. I may need to turn to turkey hunting in the spring.....

Thanks.