Muskegon 7/19AM GLFTT Event

We took our time leaving Fishermans Landing on Sunday, and motoring to where we were going to fish. At 6AM, we were the pier heads and started setting lines.

I was just getting ready to set the 5th line, when the center downrigger with a NITRO Citrus fired. I grabbbed the rod, and after a short battle, we boxed our first fish, a 13lb king. As soon as this fish was in the net, a 2 color core with a NITRO Area 51 starts pulling back. I grab this rod, and after a short battle, we boxed a 14lb king. As soon as this fish was in the net, a wire diver on 3 with 70' of line out , and an 11" Protroll Chartruse blade, with chartruse tape and a Siggs Rigs green apple trophy fly fired. Mark grabbed this rod. It peeled off a quick 100+ of line off before it slowed down. A short battle later another 14lb king. This was 3 nice kings in the box by 6:10AM! :thumb:

From here I lost track of what went when. The Chartruse Protroll/Siggs Rigs combo went 2 more times. An 11" Protroll double peal fish scale with a Siggs Rigs brushed stainless trophy fly went.

We took a fish on 2 color core with a Stingray size double orange crush

We took a fish on a half core with a Stingray size crag's x-mas

Our last fish came at 11AM in 55FOW on a rigger set at 25' with a Stingray size Killer Dolphin. Hunter reeled this fish in. It ended up being our biggest fish, and was the biggest fish of the tournament! :thumb: He asked for his prize money for the biggest fish after the weigh in. :eek:

We stayed in 30-60FOW all day. We ended up 10 for 10, and our biggest 6 that we weighed in weighed 76.5lbs. We won the GLFTT event and Hunter caught the biggest fish. :thumb:Hunter kept the money for the biggest fish. :eek:

Here is the webcam image of our winning catch.

glftt.jpg

Here is the photo from the weigh in. Some goofy looking guy in a black shirt is in front of the fish. :(

100_5226.jpg