Manistee-July 18 AM and 19 AM

Saturday

Ran out to 90' and set up. We'd work a line, then head west and do it again. Finally when after heading west yet again we got some decent marks on the graph and our first cooperative fish in 150'. After that we worked that stretch back and forth just off the bank in 120-175' and picked up our 10 Kings and lost 3 more by 8 am. Fish averaged 12-14# with a couple in the 18-20# class. One fish ripped off 400'+ of line!!!:grin: When we came in the creel consensus person was up there and said our 10 fish was the most out of the 20 boats he checked. Said that there were a bunch of 1 and 2 and that the most checked in was 6 before we came in. I was pretty suprised with the fast paced action we had.

Wire Dipseys-#1 w/Mag Ring set at 1 1/2

Dbl. Crush Glow SD w/KRW Riverside fly 150 and 200

Blue Dolphin SD w/KRW Riverside Fly 125 and 175

Rigger 55' on the free slider Dreamweaver S.S. Glow Green Froggy

Rigger 72' Mag U.G. Fishlander Grave Digger

5 color w/Mag Happy Meal

10 color w/Ace High

Sunday

Woke up to some thick fog. Headed out gingerly but shortly after clearing the peir heads it began to clear a bit. So, we got on plane at about 15 mph until we hit 90' and marked a PILE of fish and bait. Set up, got everything in their face, but no takers. So, we repeated Saturdays trend and as soon as we got to our marks all hell broke loose. Hit our first fish at 5:45 am and had our 10 in the cooler and tossed back two 18" Kings by 7:45 am. I had a screamer hit the dipsey and pull 650' of line out and it took me over 25 minutes to work it back to the boat. By the time i got it in we were way outta our zone and in some deep water. We were a bit bummed out at first, but that quickly changed when we hit two doubles and a triple and landed all but one fish out there.:) What made the morning even more special is that we completed the grand slam today by getting at least one of each Kings, Coho, Lake Trout, Steelhead and a chunky 6# Brown.:D:D:D Overal our fish were pretty nice again, the Kings were 12-14# and we landed a couple of those 18-20# fish. Another great morning in Manistee.

Wire Dipseys-#1 w/Mag Ring set at 1 1/2

Dbl. Crush Glow SD w/KRW Riverside fly and 200

Blue Dolphin SD w/KRW Riverside Fly 190 and 175

Rigger 72 down w/U.G. Fishlander Blueberry Muffin

Rigger 62' down w/Mag U.G. Fishlander Grave Digger

Rigger 125 and 150 down w/Carmel Dolphin SD w/Dreamweaver Keylime Pie fly

3 color w/ Yeck Fireball w/earrings

5 color w/Dreamweaver S.S. Mixed Vegtables and Mag Moonshine Happy Meal

Great Job Adam, way to get the program down. I'm thinking a lot of charter clients would have liked a catch like that. It was definately bumpy especially after about 9 or so. Wednesday was real ugly with 7 to 8 footers, but no boat traffic.

Great Job Adam, way to get the program down. I'm thinking a lot of charter clients would have liked a catch like that. It was definately bumpy especially after about 9 or so. Wednesday was real ugly with 7 to 8 footers, but no boat traffic.

Thanks Dave, it was a great morning and weekend as a whole. I really have enjoyed myself in Manistee this season. Its been real good to me. 3 times on the water and 3 boat limits.:) Saturday was definitely bumpy, but Sunday more than made up for it. What a gorgeous morning on the water. Nice and peaceful and quiet until the dipsey rods got torqued and the silence was shattered by a singing drag....Ah, the good life. Any charter client would surely enjoy that. I know i did, all 650' of it i had to gain back.:D...Cant wait to get back over there.:)

I talked with my buddy Ron, who mates on Reel Pleasure charters, and he said the last couple days have been pretty tough. Hopefully we can get some consistant wind and weather here and get it rocking again. Makes the charters go smoother and the clients allot happier.

Heres to tight lines and screamin' drags. Good luck Capt. Dave.