Watch your bobbers !!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Some #*@^"%!$ thief broke into my boat around July 4th at Frankfort Muni Marina and cleaned me out.

They stole 10 rods. Six Offshore Angler Gold Cups and four Shimano® Taloras. They also got eight Diawa SG47LCAs and two Shimano Tekota TEK700s. All of the equipment was new 3 years ago.

They also took a large white/red box with probably close to 100 spoons.

Any info leading to the capture and execution of the pricks involved will be rewarded.

In the mean time thought I need to lock and load. I put a alarm on my boat but I need to buy new equipment. I really was happy with what I had but am open to suggestions as to what is the BEST (not cheapest) Offshore trolling rods and reels for Great Lakes Kings and Cohos.

Thanks,

Dan

I don't know about being the best but I have been using my Okuma rods and Diawa rods for years and love them. I have a set of Diawa Firewolf medium light rods for down riggers that are a flat out blast to catch fish on. With the smaller fish we have been getting the last few years I have went to lighter gear. I even started using my 10ft Steelhead rods on the boat with 8 lb test line is like marlin fishing cause you have to catch em with the boat.