Saugatuck Fishing Report 6-20

I went out of Saugatuck with DIRTY DOG and fishinmachine today. Walt did not join us, he had to work today ;) We ended up with 1 brown trout(4 lbs), 1 chinook, and 3 steelhead( biggest one tipped the scale at 12 lbs).

MVC-001F_731204.JPG

DIRTY DOG and fishinmachine

MVC-004F_254077.JPG

fishinmachine with his 12lb steelie.

MVC-002F_486144.JPG

The steelhead bite has slowed way down from what it was last week and the week before :(

The lake has warmed up fast :( We were greeted at the pier heads with 72 degree water. At 100 fow it was 66 degrees, and at 160 fow it was 60 degrees.

We fished setting lines at 6:30am. All of our fish came from the surface down to 55' in 120 fow - 150 fow. There was no particular lure that was hot for us. Everything we caught fish on had orange in color.

Our first fish(chinook) was on a half core. I am not sure how long we dragged it around before we relized we had a fish on. Our next fish was the brown trout. Then we trolled around for 3 hours without another bite. Our next fish was a steelhead that came in 150 fow and I do not remember what depth or what we caught it on. Our next steelhead came on a fixed slider on a rigger set at 60. The last steelhead(12 lbs) came on a high line with an orange and gold thin fin. We pulled lines and headed in at 3:15pm.

Only two of the fish had food in their bellies. The 12lb Steelie, which came on a high line, had an 8" perch and 4 or 5 alewives in it. The steelhead we caught at 60' only had beatles and bugs in its belly.

It was a GREAT day on the lake. To bad the fishing was not better than what it was.

Thanks for the trip DIRTY DOG and fishingmachine.

Frigging Sweet!

Looked like it would have been a great day on the water.

Even if the fishin wasn't that fierce, I'd a had the tunes cranked and just trolled!!!!

Frigging A!

Nice Steel FM!!!

Tim

Our best troll was a West to East. We tried to keep the speed around 2.7. We did not have a sub-troll, so we could not tell what the temperature was at depths.

Nice fish guys,

I see that you didn't catch any fish Mike. What did they make you drive all day.

Caznik

When I drive boats, the rods start popping. :D I got the brown and the sixshooter fish :D

When I drive boats, the rods start popping. :D I got the brown and the sixshooter fish :D

Only good thing about catching one of those rigamortis fish is that I can chop of the head rip out the guts and my Mother loves to pan fry the little bastards.

Otherwise I resemble the small fish remark.