Where have the fish gone?

I went down to Geneva today to clean boat and maybe go out for a couple of hours. Talking to some of the captains and other fisherman, the schools of walleye and perch have left the area. One of the charter captains came in with nine perch. While I was there, one other charter came in with one walleye. ????

I was out late yesterday afternoon, off Fairport, at the "hump" took 30 in short order.

Were several boats at the edge, where it falss from 38 fow to 53 fow in real short order.

As for the walleye, I think they all went to Canada on vacation. lol

Here's a crazy idea. All species need food, cover, space, and habitat in order to survive. Obviously, the water space and habitat are there. What about food? Since the majority of us us spoons and with the abundance of the water fleas, and the hook fleas, do you think that the fish really do not care for our presentations? Perhaps they are getting their fill on the fleas? Remember how tough it is to fish when the mayflies hatch, or when other species are in abundance?

Jess, you may have hit on the head.

If in fact there is such an abundance of foods for them, it sure would explain alot.

I mean you can find the fish, but, they just don't want what we have been offering.

Has to be something to it.

Maybe now that the Full moon is past, things will pickup ?

Then again, they are calling for storms and winds here for the weekend, so anything that was setting up in patterns, is gonna be dispersed again.

Jess, you may have hit on the head.

If in fact there is such an abundance of foods for them, it sure would explain alot.

I mean you can find the fish, but, they just don't want what we have been offering.

Has to be something to it.

Maybe now that the Full moon is past, things will pickup ?

Then again, they are calling for storms and winds here for the weekend, so anything that was setting up in patterns, is gonna be dispersed again.

That is the only thing that I can figure out. It applies for hunting, so why not the fish.

I agree, the weather is going to screw up everything this weekend. We have a small craft advisory so I already cancelled tomorrow. ARRRGGGHHHH!:mad: