not much to report 1 laker sat. 1 steelhead sun...and we didnt get last if that tells you how bad it is......heres a question....and theres no rules against it but...why have a muskegon event if people are traveling to ludington and port sheldon to fish...i dont get it...im not being sour grapes but you would think a muskegon event would be fished within a certain proximity to muskegon....its a little hard for the sniffer to hammer down in 3 footers to go to ludington or port sheldon....anyway enough of that

This tournament is open to all boat sizes. In rough conditions, the bigger boats have the advantage.

These tournaments are planned a year in advance. They can not plan for the weather and if the fish will be there or not. Unfortunately, the salmon did not get the message on the dates of the Muskegon event, and did not show up. Last year we were hammering them in Muskegon at this time.

The fishing stunk in Muskegon this weekend. Nice job on the two you got! :thumb:

Muskegon is a nice event to fish not a lot of paperwork or funky rules no run times. Leave on time and get back on time pretty simple. What you choose to fish in and how hard you want to push it to win is up to you. After finding nothing but Lake trout Fri we went north Sat and got 3 small Lakers one too short. So we decided after seeing the reports from Port Sheldon if it was not better this morn we would make the run. So we burned 107 bucks in fuel today and 112 Sat made 12th place which paid 225. but we had a good time and my son got to fish with me I was amazed to even make the payout list we nearly left without even checking the board.

I also got skunked this morning. It was me on radio just before 11 said fish on and then a little later said fish off. Had a fish hammer 150 copper with a white with pink dots spoon, counter on the reel said 650 then nothing.

Maybe next time.

Jeff

Blue Collar

Rough seas and rough fishing surely made it frustrating out of most ports this weekend. Sometimes I question all the tourney rules, but hey that is why they are all just a little different. Have to figure out which ones you like and which ones you don't. Last year we fished the Big King in GH with GLF. That was a REALLY different format, but it was still fun. Keep your chin up fishsniffer. You are a great fisherman put in a bad situation (weather and fish). Next time you will probably nail em.

Setting boundrys on a salmon tournament is like telling people they have to be nice combat fishing in the fall time around Muskegon. It may never happen. Sorry to hear the fishing sucked. The fish will be here soon. I would bet you tried everything in the book and must of been 2 long days of fun aboard the sniffer.

Yep.. I’ll vouch for the bad fishing and conditions this weekend, and I was stupid enough to burn the gas and run all the way Little Sable Point to find the temp break.. I don’t even want to think about the $$ in gas I spent for a 7lb steelhead on sat.. The fishing just absolutely stunk! I think I only marked about 6 fish in two days.

But, you are right about the boundaries for fishing these big tournaments.. Seems like the tournaments (Charlevoix, Frankfurt, Muskegon) I have fished all of the winners have filled their boxes along ways from the port of the tourney.

Keep your chin up! They have to get hungry at some point.. right??  When they do decide to bite we will be more than ready!

-LUCAS

The sad thing is I was on Lakers big time Sat morn and moved off to find kings they were all small lakers but would have been points. I had no idea 10 small lakers would have moved me way up on the board. I knew several boats were headed for the point so was looking to find some big kings to fill the box. When we came in Sat with 2 little lakers I sent one of the crew in to weigh and never looked at the board I figured we were in last place or close to it. Did the same thing Sun with the 5 we weighed was at the gas docks when the guys came back with the cooler and said we were in the money so had to hang out and get the check.