Set lines at 6pm in 50fow. Washed lures for most of the night. Washed by floor a few times as well in the waves! Finally started marking fish in 100-110fow. Took a 12lb king 50 foot down on in 95fow on the downrigger with moonshine flounderpounder. Which naturally hit while trying to untangle the 10 color from a braided dipsey line. Finished the night 1 for 1.

We fished out of Port Sheldon for 6 hours last night and never got the skunk out of the box - 0/2. My neighbor's cousin fought what we thought was a huge "fish" for a 1/2 hour on a 300' copper set-up. When he finally got it to the boat, we had a 6 foot log, the other copper line, and a wire dipsey. I brought the line to the board - due to earlier mishaps, and was sure there was a fish on. . . besides the few "runs" it took. Our story is, "it was a big one". :no::angry2::lol::eek:

Alex

We fished out of Port Sheldon for 6 hours last night and never got the skunk out of the box - 0/2. My neighbor's cousin fought what we thought was a huge "fish" for a 1/2 hour on a 300' copper set-up. When he finally got it to the boat, we had a 6 foot log, the other copper line, and a wire dipsey. I brought the line to the board - due to earlier mishaps, and was sure there was a fish on. . . besides the few "runs" it took. Our story is, "it was a big one". :no::angry2::lol::eek:

Alex

Yikes that had to be a mess. 6 foot long is pretty good by any measure. Of course it had to be way out on the 300' copper:rolleyes:

Yeah, I had to blame the sad fishing on something. It was either the new rod or the Ohio crewman. Obviously it was not the rod.

On another topic....6 ft log. That had to be one heck of a fight in the chop that was on the water.

Alex

Maybe bananas would actually help to improve your fishing luck :lol:

just a thought ;-)

On another topic....6 ft log. That had to be one heck of a fight in the chop that was on the water.

After a couple of day's reflection, I realized the "runs" it was taking, where actually the waves. LOL.

Alex