28.2 King out of Ludington on 7-5

That’s right a 28.2 pound king was brought in a weighed on certified scales at Captain Chucks on Sunday. I didn't hear what it was caught on; only that it was caught in 100 FOW off the bathhouse. Craig from Captain Chucks who's boat the Spoonfeeder personally weighed the fish and told me the news Sunday evening after the store closed. It was 41" long also.

A summary of Ludington fishing the last week is that it has been tough. I was there from the 27th of June until last night and fished every day except last Monday and yesterday. Our best trip was Tuesday night when we boated 9 but most trips were 3 to 6 mostly small fish all week (we're averaging over 10 per trip this year until last week). The good north winds early in the week didn't have the expected effect of bringing in large numbers of big fish but some are showing up. There were areas that boats brought in better boxes of fish throughout the week but these boats would have been better off leaving from Pentwater or Manistee to get where they were fishing.

I expect to see fishing get better in the coming weeks; I'll be back up in Ludville from the 10th through the 20th so I hope it does.

Thanks for the honest report.

Heres a quote from the Ludington Fishing report from Capt. Glen.

"The 28.2lb King that was caught yesterday was on a 3 color and DW reg. size Goldilocks. Great job Ray and Jim Decker!!"

What an awesome fish!!!

That’s right a 28.2 pound king was brought in a weighed on certified scales at Captain Chucks on Sunday.

Now thats what I am talking about! :thumb:

Craig(Spoonfeeder) is a member here. ;)

I haven't seen one like that in 4 or 5 yrs, it would be nice to have that later next week for the tournaments. We took 7 hawgs this morn with 3 smaller kings for 10 total. Lost 3 more. Very early bite with the full moon. The boats that didn't leave before 5am really struggled and were lucky to have 3 fish. Things are getting ready to fire any day now, and it looks like they will be bigger this year so check your lines.