skunked and robed

Rob

Well I got my 1st snunk of the year today and I was a little upset but hey thats fishing. When I got back to the launch (muskegon state park snug harbor) I found that my truck had a smashed window. I guess somebody needed my video camera and gps more than I did. What really sucks is the video I can't replace of my 10 month old daughter growing up. 10 months of home video and $1000 to replace my gps and veido camera gone to some sum bag. The cop took finger prints but said only 2% of people are caught

Rob I'm sorry for your loss and your skunk, as for the camera, that is why I bought the DVD camera, because you have to change out the DVD often so I lose nothing if stolen... and as for the skunk, come fishing with me in Grand Traverse I'll show you how to be skunked every time buddy.... every time.;

Rob I'm sorry for your loss and your skunk, as for the camera, that is why I bought the DVD camera, because you have to change out the DVD often so I lose nothing if stolen... and as for the skunk, come fishing with me in Grand Traverse I'll show you how to be skunked every time buddy.... every time.;

just dont give up robert...youll start catching them...makes you appreciate every fish:grin:

sorry for you loss and the skunk! I keep my boat just down the road in Bear lake and it seems like something gets stolen from us every few yrs... for such a nice area there are still scum bags lerking.

Bummer Rob. A policeman friend of mine tells me to take all the valuables and leave the windows open. That has never made sense to me until reading your post.

What a disturbed world we live in. The good news is that the fishing will (HAS to) improve soon.

That really sux Rob, hope insurance covers all your loss. The only trip I ever made to Muskegon (two years ago) I got my truck broken into, have not been back there since. As I recall we only caught one fish that day. I hope the scum bags that broke in get what they deserve.

That really sux Rob, hope insurance covers all your loss. The only trip I ever made to Muskegon (two years ago) I got my truck broken into, have not been back there since. As I recall we only caught one fish that day. I hope the scum bags that broke in get what they deserve.

Where ramp did you use?

that really does suck.

I saw a news report at me parents a few weeks back. What the criminals are doing in the detroit area is stealing gps units plugging in the home address and then going to the home and robbing it. Keep a watchfull eye on the neighborhood.

I'll never leave the windows rolled down.

The doors are always locked.

Windows are heavily tinted.

I never leave anything out in plain sight.

I don't mount my gps to windshield, where suction cups could leave marks.

In doing so, it will take effort and noise to get in, without any visible reward as a temptation. Installing an alarm is also a good investment.

Years ago a friend of mine had a set of rollers taken from one side of his trailer. One boat I had in storage, they took trailer lights. Boaters stealing from boaters, go figure!