July 5th Quick KO

Well, with all the "tourists" in town we wanted to get out early and get the jump on the fish/traffic. So, my buddy Dan and I headed out about 6:45 AM, had lines in around 7:10 AM or so. Started a bit south of yesterdays marks. As soon as we sat down we had a few on that came unbuttoned and a few short hits, then nothing. Just as we decided to pick up our toys we caught a couple shorties and did box one keeper. Gave it another five minutes and pulled lines to make a move. So, on the next pass we ran up about a mile farther and sat down. We no more than got all the lines in and all three of my rods went. It was on from there. Finished that pass, made one more rip and we had our 10 walleye, an 11 1/2" perch and released a couple more keepers while trying to pull lines. Had our fish by 9:30 AM and everything wrapped up and on plane by 9:45 am....Another great day on Saginaw Bay.

Fished in 23' of water, red beads w/#5 red/gold colorado blades and purple beads w/blue berry muffin whiptail blades and chart. beads w/#5 antifreeze colorado blade. 1 oz. inlines anywhere from 30-40' back took fish, speed was around 1.1 on the GPS.

Good job Adam. I tried Q-see yesterday afternoon for some shallow water fish. We ended up with one keeper, one cat and one sheep. We started in 9 fow and ended up in 14 fow mostly drifting with harnesses and bottom bouncers.

Tom

I agree Dan, i think theyre moving south. Seems the fishing continues to get better and better in places that it should have already been going haywire. I hope August brings good things, but you and Frank will have to have all that fun....Ill be on the "Gold Coast" chasing silver fish!;):D