wire setup question

new to the wire setup, how much deeper do these take your dipsey's? just curious to know what depths i am running at. I have them set on 2. How much wire out to acheive the 30, 40, 50 depths? thanks for the help

This might be good for the lake Ontario guys but in Wisconsin we do not have to fish as deep.

We use braid most of the time, if we are fishing deep I will deploy out wires with mag dispseys and rings sety at 0 or 1 if off to the side. These flat out dive.

200-250 is going to get a flasher fly down 120-140 feet. I know we have hit bottom.

That is the best test you can do. If we are on a fun run play with it. hit your normal speed and deploy until you hit bottom. we trolll in and out doing this with wire, braid and balls.

Well I just started using wire line dispeys, and I'm finding that I'm getting almost 3/4 depths with them, when I'm deeper as in 200-250 then I'm using Mag divers set on 3 I'm getting close to 175 feet down, it has been frustrating to me so far, but then again there's always a learning curve to everything.

Well I just started using wire line dispeys, and I'm finding that I'm getting almost 3/4 depths with them, when I'm deeper as in 200-250 then I'm using Mag divers set on 3 I'm getting close to 175 feet down, it has been frustrating to me so far, but then again there's always a learning curve to everything.

Hi Robert, how have you been?

Why may I ask are you using the 3 setting?

Are you trying to gain width?

The more line you have out, the more drag you will have, witch gives less depth.

If you are running core on planers the 3 setting can put the divers in the same zone.

When fish are deep use the 1 setting, and let less line out. When a big fish hits and takes out 100+ feet added to the 200-250 already out, it make for a long hall back in.

Good luck.

Yes I'm using Mag Dives with the ring still on...and I'm setting them on 3 to get them out and away from the riggers.... I don't have core and I don't use boards yet...I'm trying to keep it simple and use the Less is More attitude, Ken I appreciate your advice so much, Mike told me to use smaller Dipseys' too............. NO RINGS unless I want to go deep. I'm up in Grand Traverse Bay Not doing well Hoping to move into Ludington this week or next.... To catch some nice Fish instead of a Cold....The water is Cold up there and a little Dead...