Fished out of GH instead of muskegon this morning. Got in the channel and started setting up and realized I left my boards, dipsy's and fishcatcher fly combos at home:( So we ran downriggers and 3color lead straight back. Took first fish, 18 pound king in 50fow on 3 color with j-plug. Then worked out ot 120'. Took one steelhead on same setup. Had three releases with nothing there so ended up 2 for 6. Sounded a little slow from radio chatter.

Hey, fishing is tough enough right now, no need to help em out!!!:no::lol:...Nice job with what you had to work with. Im sure that was very deflating to your dimeanor when you discovered your snaffoo...We've all been there at some point....Once again, nice job.;):)

Guess I was a little tired still when I posted that, it was friday morning and 2 fish and three releases would equal 2 for 5. The king was a male and we weighed it so I'm not guessing, that was my best fish this year. Thanks guys.

So for the third correction of my post we were 2-2.:) 100% catch rate, I'll take that. I'm guessing releases with nothing there could be a false release, but one of those three bounced a little so it was a fish, just didn't get the rod in hand before it was gone. Won't forget the rest of my tackle on the next trip.

Well Scott dont fell bad i think it was the excitment of getting out their and the dream of landing that 18 pounder Thursday night. Im just glad my back was alot better to land it for ya. We just had to fish the old school way.. I think next time i call and remind you of your gear before we head out:p P.S. next time i land the big one...

:rolleyes:i didnt know a knock of was not counted as a missed fish, next time i guess a shaker and no one home is more approriate.

I only count them if there is something felt at the other end of the line. Other wise I call them knock offs.